• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Port Gasket Replacement 31TE

VitaminJ
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Salem, MA

Port Gasket Replacement 31TE

Post by VitaminJ »

Hello all,

I have several small leaks coming from the ports over the galley. These are stainless ports. Anyone know where to purchase replacement gaskets for these ports?

Also, when we have heavy rain, there is a substantial leak down the inner hull liner just in front of the starboard locker. The water must be coming from either the stanchions or forward hatch. I'm not sure because the headliner covers all and must be removed to see where the water is coming from. Anyone experience a problem here?

Thanks in advance,

Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: Port Gasket Replacement 31TE

Post by Russell »

If you have Bomar passage series ports you can purchase replacement gasket material from Pompanette. I replaced mine and it stopped some leaks that I did not even know were coming from the ports. They sell it by the foot so have an estimate in mind before you call. It has a self sticking backing but you must seal the cut ends with glue. Not difficult. http://www.pompanette.com/pomp.nsf/0/A1 ... 65D72?Open
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Post by Mike Ebert »

I have the same leak in exactly the same spot as yours. I had to open things up to look but we think it was the rail stanchion on the starboard side. We losened and caulked with 4200 and it seems to be O.K. I am waiting for a big rain to call it good. (Been waiting for four years with the drought).
CATCHALL
31 ft. TE
Sausalito, CA
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles/On Driveway

Post by djpeewee »

When we bought our 28 last year, every portlight leaked. Some worse than others. The problem with these Passage series portlights is that the inside of the frame fills with water when the gasket leaks. It rusts on the inside and you'll notice rust stains from drips inside the cabin.

I bought the Bomar replacement gasketing and redid all six of mine. Because of the rust stains I also removed the portlights themselves and rebedded them with butyl tape, which you can buy at any RV place. While they were removed I was able to clean the inside of the frames and get the rust out. Not a single leak since, and no more rust stains.

It may be worth your while to remove the port lights and check to see if they are rusty inside. It's fairly quick and easy.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

After the the recent rains here in SoCal, I discovered that the Bomar SS portlights on my '05 28TE have started to leak. I checked the Pompanette website but could not find the part number for the correct gasket for these ports. Does anyone have that info? Thanks in advance.
GSSeattle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina (Anacortes, WA)

Post by GSSeattle »

Greg

2000 Albin 28 TE "Turtle Express"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”