• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Belford NJ / Sandy Hook: Jean's Canvas

Do you have a great mechanic? Are you pleased with any boating related service? Tell us about it. Share the information with other Albin owners.
dgurgel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Amboy (Raritan Bay), NJ

Belford NJ / Sandy Hook: Jean's Canvas

Post by dgurgel »

Jean's Canvas Products in Belford, NJ, on Route 36 near Sandy Hook, gave me prompt and reasonable quotes on new canvas for my boat. I stopped in at the shop and was very impressed. The owner took fifteen minuters to show me around and talk about my needs. Workmen were busy at three, large, cutting tables. There is a separate metal shop for fixtures and supports.

While shopping for Albins, I was impressed by the cleanliness of two ALbin 28s that had full cockpit covers extending aft and down from the pilot house top. Fitup was excellent without any supports after several years of use. One had a zippered door for easy access. I will have Jean's measure before the boat is hauled at the end of the week and will have installation done in the spring.

I am considering adding a few tie-downs in addition to the snaps and using it as a winter cover too - instead of spending $500 for shrinkwrap each year. Will this work? It probably needs one support across midway for that occasional wet, 14" snowfall.
Dave Gurgel
2000 Albin 28 TE, "Energetic"
Hull #453

Return to “Accolades, Recommendations, and Reviews”