• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Marine Services, Casco Bay (Portland) ME

Do you have a great mechanic? Are you pleased with any boating related service? Tell us about it. Share the information with other Albin owners.
Captn_Dwt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pleasant Cove, Boothbay, ME

Marine Services, Casco Bay (Portland) ME

Post by Captn_Dwt »

Should you need yard services or repairs while in Western Coastal Maine, I can recommend Royal River Boat Works on the Royal River, Yarmouth Maine. The yard is up the Royal River from Casco Bay; it will take you an hour to get there from the open coastal waters. I've yarded with these folks for 17 years; they're a family business and treat all their workers as family. (I've seen people leave, but return a few years later because they enjoy the place that much!)
The prices are good, the work is 1st class, they care about your boat like you do, and they are happy to have you do all your own work if you'd like. Don't be intimidated by all the commercial boat work going on; while they let folks do their own work, they also take great care to provide the best service I've ever seen, and best of all, you can fully trust them to act in your best interest (a rare thing these days).
Time for Two
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Peaks Island Maine; Slipped Plante's Marina

Re: Marine Services, Casco Bay (Portland) ME

Post by Time for Two »

Thank you. I am a new owner of a Albin 35 and was searching for a Boat works for this winter. I did talk to them before and they did sound good but your recommendation helps. I am on Peaks Island, Joe

Return to “Accolades, Recommendations, and Reviews”