• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ford Lehman parts and advice: American Diesel!

Do you have a great mechanic? Are you pleased with any boating related service? Tell us about it. Share the information with other Albin owners.
Captn_Dwt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pleasant Cove, Boothbay, ME

Ford Lehman parts and advice: American Diesel!

Post by Captn_Dwt »

Hi folks,
Just want to post my appreciation for Brian and the crew at American Diesel. They not only have the parts you want for your Lehman-Ford engine, but they have knowledge about what works, how to update and improve your engine, and what you need to do the job you're facing. For marine engine parts, I find their prices very fair (not gold-plated like Volvo for example). They have your parts, and most often will ship them today...and they share knowledge! That's hard to come by these days.
As of this date, their web site is down. They're not saying why or when it will be back...but that's minor.
If you have one of these engines, I highly recommend that you just call them and ask for their product break-down list. They have items you would not think of...like a drain-plug kit so you can mount an oil drain hose to the drain-plug fitting and actually change all your oil !
It's worth your time, trust me!
Their phone is 804-435-3107.
Chester B

Re: Ford Lehman parts and advice: American Diesel!

Post by Chester B »

I couldn't agree more. We had our boat stored at Yankee Point Marina near their offices in Virginia and had the pleasure of meeting Brian and crew in person, they really know their stuff. Brian gave us excellent advice, suggested spare parts for our trip to Florida, and was always ready to answer one of my "dumb" questions. Definitely the place to go if you have a Ford-Lehman engine (and probably not a bad place to go even if you have another brand of diesel). Highly recommended.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

I second that (or is it third that?).

They still sell new exhaust elbows for my 1984 Lehman 4D61. You can guess what my last purchase was.

And the 4D61 isn't even a Ford.

Both Brian and his dad, Bob, are great guys and very helpful.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
Third Day
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Kilmarnock, VA

Post by Third Day »

The owner has two Albin 28 TE

Return to “Accolades, Recommendations, and Reviews”