• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Trim, not list

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
BobHaze
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hyannis

Trim, not list

Post by BobHaze »

I've had my 2004 35 CB for about a year and a half, and she always sits a bit down by the head - not a lot, but definitely not level. Fuel tanks full or not full, water collects along the back of the cabin, more or less equally port and starboard so there doesn't appear to be a list. The tendency of water to collect at the forward end of the cockpit means that the drains around each of the 4 cockpit deck hatches don't drain aft to the scuppers in the transom. I suspect this is the reason there's always water in the bilges, because it overflows the curbing around the hatches and falls into the bilges. The hoses from those hatch drains may also be clogged, and I plan to try to clear them all out in the spring.
Is this a class/design problem? Has anyone come up with a solution, or will I just have to be comfortable that there will always be water in the bilges?
Bob
2004 Albin 35 CB COMPASS ROSE
Cummins 6BTA 5.9
Former owner of 2001 28 TE ALLEGRO
Jhill
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mystic

Re: Trim, not list

Post by Jhill »

Yup, .I have the same boat. You will enjoy cleaning the drains.I changed the hoses to a smooth wall. It clamps better and bends easier. I have the water issue also. Albin just missed getting enough pitch on the deck. I think they were expecting the camber and hatch design to do the job. My plan is to install a couple of small drains at the molded step area where the water sits. Should be fun with the tanks under the deck.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”