• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1989 Albin 32 - Thoughts?

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
allante
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Amesbury Ma

1989 Albin 32 - Thoughts?

Post by allante »

Wondering if anyone has opinions on a 1989 32?
How does it compare to later models or the +2?
I found one repowered in 2020 with a Cummins 6-BTA-5.9 250hp with 20 hours.
Relatively short money.

Thoughts?
hulamoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matawan Creek, New Jersey

Re: 1989 Albin 32 - Thoughts?

Post by hulamoon »

I've owned one for the past eight seasons. Absolutely love the cabin layout, much better than the later models in my opinion. I thought it was a tad underpowered with the 250 hp. My engine was tired so I repowered with the 315 hp. 5.9L. Very happy with the performance now. Better accommodations are going to be hard to find in a boat this size.
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Post by Sanatee »

We've had our 96 32+2 since it was new and have been very happy with it. It has the 315hp, 5.9L Cummins, and cruises at 16-18kts, WOT 22-23. Ours was the 2d +2 hull, which supposedly was added to improve handling especially in following seas. I can't vouch for the pre+2's since I never ran one. I agree with hulamoon that it's hard to find better accommodations in this size boat.
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
allante
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Amesbury Ma

Post by allante »

thanx all!! good info
Tdelaney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoiset

Post by Tdelaney »

I have a 92 and can't be happier for my first big boat. Has somebody else said the layout is comfortable and roomy especially for a cruising couple or a great fishing platform. Mine has the 300 horse cruises 14/15 unless it's late in the season and I'm down to 12/13 LOL. 250 maybe a little low in horsepower but it depends if you want to get somewhere fast or just Cruise. Haven't seen anything yet in it that scares me, plenty of room to work and get to any system I need to. Had to replace my damper plate last year but that in itself gave me plenty of room to get the transmission out through the cabin without removing the motor.
Any other questions please reach out
Tom
Tom Delaney
1992 32 Sportfish
Agave Azul
Mattapoisett Ma

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”