• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Maintenance Costs

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
SailingNut
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Maintenance Costs

Post by SailingNut »

Hi all, new to the group and considering purchasing a 1997 32+2 with a 370hp Cummins plus 5kw Onan genset.

I'm trying to figure out approximate annual costs and was wondering what sorts of maintenance would be required annually on an Albin of this age. I'd be taking on routine things like fluid changes etc. myself, but nothing too complex mechanically.

Thanks in advance! Hoping to "really" join the group soon!
Diggie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fernandina

Re: Maintenance Costs

Post by Diggie »

I have the same set up except 2000. I have owned it for two years. It has a low time engine but it's still 22 years old engine and a boat. Nothing major but plenty of work to keep it going. No regrets, I knew that going in to the deal. I highly recommend giving it a go as long as the boat has been kept up and there are no major known problems.
Rondo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Apollo Beach, FL

Re: Maintenance Costs

Post by Rondo »

Do not underestimate the impact of the previous owner on this topic. Low hours can also mean slow deterioration due to UNDER use. The ongoing maintenance by the PO is a big deal. If it suffers from "benign neglect" you will be playing catch-up for a while. If the PO was diligent about maintenance, you will enjoy the benefit. You have a good boat and a good engine, so hope for the best but consider the bad.
Rondo

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”