• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35CB - Garboard drain plugs

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Diggie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fernandina

Re: 35CB - Garboard drain plugs

Post by Diggie »

Yes, one under the shaft slightly forward on the port side. My new additional pump is planned to be on a aluminum bracket slightly forward on the starboard side and a little higher. I plan to put several adjustment screws on the bracket to adjust height if needed. The float will also be on the same bracket. The old pump which still works fine is almost unserviceable. When it dies the new pump will get the aluminum bracket.
My forward pump is up near the hot water heater and a diaphragm style Jabsco and very serviceable. The float is on the aluminum bracket.
Diggie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fernandina

Re: 35CB - Garboard drain plugs

Post by Diggie »

Nancy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:31 pm Diggie, do you have a bilge pump in the keel below the drive shaft? We're going to add one there.
Nancy, sorry for the delayed reply but yes. The original rule 2000 and float switch were so far forward I could only reach the pump with one hand and could not reach the float switch. I moved both closer towards the aft and replaced both with same style pump and float. I can now reach both for service. I put the float switch on an aluminum bracket and screwed the pump bracket to the floor. I can actually reach both for service and they are clear of the shaft. Very tight but works well.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”