• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Needed info on Cummins engine for Albin 32+2

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
MeyrickP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stamford CT

Needed info on Cummins engine for Albin 32+2

Post by MeyrickP »

Hi folks. Happy holidays

I am repowering my Albin 32+2 from Yanmar to Cummins.

I badly need information about transmission, gear ratio, and accessories which are dependent on Cummins engine.

Please guide me!
Meyrick Payne
Albin 32+2
"Ancora"
Stamford, CT
hulamoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matawan Creek, New Jersey

Re: Needed info on Cummins engine for Albin 32+2

Post by hulamoon »

Hello Ancora,
I repowered my 32 Sportfish with a 6BTA 315hp. I utilized the existing gear and V drive as the boat was previously Cummins powered. I have a Velvet Drive S-7000 gear which has a 1.12/1 ratio coupled to a Walters V-Drive Model RV-50 (jack shaft version) with a ratio of 1.47/1. These two ratio's result in a final reduction of 1.65/1. I re propped to a Dynablade Nibral 21 X 22 4 Blade LH. I fast cruise comfortably at 19 Kts @ 2300 rpm. Max speed is 24 Kts at 2800. Slow cruise is 14 Kts @ 2000 RPM. I hope this helps.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”