• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

DIESEL VIEW DISPLAY

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Pauld
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Newport Beach

DIESEL VIEW DISPLAY

Post by Pauld »

I have a 2007 Albin 35 CB with the Diesel View Display. The boat has 2 fuel tanks...130 gallons each.

I don't understand the "Total Fuel" readout on the display. Is that the fuel in both tanks or in one tank?

Yesterday it showed 63 gallons.

I went to the fuel dock and added 50 gallons to each tank and now it reads 127 gallons.

The 3-position "FUEL" switch on the panel shows the 127 gallons regardless of which position the switch is thrown. It showed 63 before I added fuel...again regardless of the switch position.

An earlier question/reply indicated the switch was to show each tank.

Does anyone have an idea what the display is actually showing and is it reliable (or close to reliable)?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: DIESEL VIEW DISPLAY

Post by Pitou »

I have the SmartCraft Diesel View display system with my QSC. I'm guessing that you have the QSB?? Mine is not set up or wired for tank levels and only displays fuel burned.

After topping off the tanks I then have a much more accurate idea of how full my tanks are by subtracting out the fuel burn. It's much more accurate than the float gauge connected to the 3-way toggle on my helm which is for the traditional needle display fuel gauge. Do you have a traditional needle display?

Regardless, the only way to understand your Diesel View system is to read your manual to get an understanding and to properly configure the settings.

Here is a link to Seaboard Marine for a PDF download of the manual if you do not have your original:
https://www.sbmar.com/articles/Cummins- ... ay-manual/
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: DIESEL VIEW DISPLAY

Post by catalina_mike »

When I set up my maretron flow sensors on my Silverton I set on the Raymarine fuel amount for both tanks. It really depends on how it was set up and configured. There are a ton of possibilities. As with some fuel tanks the level is not linear. 1/2 normally is correct for round tanks but any tapers will throw off readings.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”