• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Misc A34 Projects / Ideas

Ron222
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Kingman Yacht Center, Pocasset, MA

Misc A34 Projects / Ideas

Post by Ron222 »

I am starting this new topic post to pass along various ideas, improvements, issues relating to our A34 ("Paumanok"). I hope this becomes used by other owners to share their A34 problems and solutions. My first post deals with the forward head shower. The drain for this shower leads to the forward bilge compartment area. Because I often hear that you don't want shower residue to get into the bilge because it will lead to bacteria and offensive odors, I installed a small sump several years ago. The sump discharges to a thru hull on the starboard side. I have to admit my wife and I never used the shower because the head and valves were old and corroded. This has now changed. I installed new valves and shower spray nozzle this spring. So, this summer I will be able to tell you if a guy 6'2" tall can take a shower in this limited space. I do know that the system works because I tested it using buckets of water poured into the shower stall. Anyway, here is a picture of how the sump looks. Last, the drain hose to the sump was not replaced because my hand(s) could not fit between the shower floor and hull to remove the old hose. It may be possible to remove the drain and pull the hose up but I didn't try this out.
Ron
A34 Paumanok
Cape Cod, MA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Molly B
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Mathews, VA

Re: Misc A34 Projects / Ideas

Post by Molly B »

Thanks, Ron. We've been busy on Recess this year after having said "no projects". We've added a windlass, put in the shower sump like yours, installed reverse cycle A/C, and are finishing (I hope) auto pilot.
Molly
RECESS
34' center cockpit fly bridge trawler
Chesapeake Bay

Return to “33/34”