• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Anyone with manual on 86 Albin aft cabin 34ft?

Fastwater56

Anyone with manual on 86 Albin aft cabin 34ft?

Post by Fastwater56 »

I am looking for a website or direction to go in obtaining a manual for the 86 Aft cabin 34.
Ron222
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Kingman Yacht Center, Pocasset, MA

Re: Anyone with manual on 86 Albin aft cabin 34ft?

Post by Ron222 »

This July I met a guy in Cuttyhunk who said he once owned a boatyard/marina in the Carolina's that sold A34's. He claimed that he was the first to order an Albin 34 for sale. He mentioned two interesting things: One, Hull #1 was a defect. When it arrived, taken off the trailer and placed on the ground the keel went through the hull. He told me I was lucky to have hull #3. Albin replaced hull #1 with hull #2 which was then sold by him. Second, Albin never made up a manaul for the A34's. When he sold the boats from his marina all he had was a bunch of xeroxed copies of technical specifications for the boat. He claimed Albin never knew how to sell boats, never understood the value of marketing and one of the reasons they couldn't grow into a major product line despite the value of the A25, A27 and A34 boats. I thought you might be interested in this story.
Ron
A34 Paumanok
Ostfriesenblau
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: duluth/superior

Post by Ostfriesenblau »

Greetings Fastwater.... Cap. EC hailing.
I just purchased a mid 80's 33AC on the Great Lakes. I would like the same documentation you are searching for. Keep me in mind and I will do the same.
My first concern is dimensions for transport. I have to make 40 miles over land from Lake Superior to the Mississippi head waters.

Warm regards from the Indian Summer of Michigan, my home port.
Ron222
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Kingman Yacht Center, Pocasset, MA

Post by Ron222 »

Good luck, I tried and came up with nothing. Maybe you will be luckier.

Return to “33/34”