• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

34 bridge deck enclosure

kerry
Gold Member
Gold Member

34 bridge deck enclosure

Post by kerry »

Hi to all,
After receiving great information on my 34 shower drains i have another question. My 34 has the extended flying bridge deck so i have 3 flexible windows, one to port, one to starboard and one across the aft end. I am considering changing this to proper sliding windows port and starboard with the aft end having a window and a door for entry. To acheive headroom in the door area i would cut a hatch into the flying bridge extension and a set of movable steps which would use the space the aft cabin access gives to walk down into the now enclosed bridge deck.
Any comments on this idea would be welcome, anything that will save my back worming in through the port side curtain!
All the best to all, Kerry
Ron222
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Kingman Yacht Center, Pocasset, MA

Re: 34 bridge deck enclosure

Post by Ron222 »

Pretty hard to visualize this novel architectural plan and having difficulty figuring how you hope to keep the rain from running down the stairs from the flybridge to the wheelhouse and aft cabin. On the surface it just doesn't sound like a great idea.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 34 bridge deck enclosure

Post by DougSea »

Can you post some pictures so those of us less familiar with this model can make more (somewhat!) intelligent comments?

I love a good project, especially on someone else's boat!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “33/34”