• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thinking of Moving up?

Driftwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thinking of Moving up?

Post by Driftwood »

I currently have a Albin 27 and thought about possibly moving up to a 34 (aft cabin, fly-bridge model). Can someone tell me what the fuel consumption is for it with the 210 hp Cummins (@ cruising speed of 12 knots?). Thanks
Ron222
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Kingman Yacht Center, Pocasset, MA

Re: Thinking of Moving up?

Post by Ron222 »

Typically I cruise at 4 - 5 gal per hour (about 10 kts).
Ron
A34 Paumanok
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

4 t0 5 gph seems about right for me. That is at better than cruise so maybe a bit less. 250 /with blower can jump the usage up there if speed is desired.
ppmeis
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marinette, WI

Post by ppmeis »

No, No, No, Definitely go with the 36 foot aft cabin.( Mine is a 1978) At first I missed having a twin engine boat as that is what I "cut my teeth" on, but since I have a bow thruster I have learned to love the single Ford Lehman. I think the 4 - 5 gph estimates are actually a little high as is the speed. I cruise at around 7 or 8 knotts (about 8 - 9 mph) and think I get close to 2.5 gph. This is about 1800 rpm with my 4 blade 22X16, I can run the engine up to about 2100 rpm but it only adds 1 or so mph and makes a lot more noise and vibration, never ran that speed long so don't know about fuel consumption. I carry almost 400 gallons of fuel (crazy), all tanks were full when I bought the boat 2 years ago and out of old habits I top them off in the fall (crazy again). I really need to run them down and get the old fuel burned up but at 2 - 3 gls per hour there almost isn't enough time in the summer. I am actually thinking of selling or giving away my old fuel to one of the "guzzlers" at my marina so I can have fresh fuel. Anyway, back to the point.. The single Ford just 'sips" at the fuel, it is smooth and reliable, mine has about 4,000 hours, all my research shows it should go to almost 15,000, lots of room, plenty of storage, very stable. With the bow thruster easy to park. I could go on and on about my Albin, call me anytime (715) 889-0485 and I will tell you anything you need to know about the 36 aft cabin..pete

Return to “33/34”