• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Saw one at loc k 39 Trent/Severn

jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Saw one at loc k 39 Trent/Severn

Post by jleonard »

The smokiest boat I ever saw and that covers 20 + years of boating.
Wow that boat could kill a lot of misquitos......
So much smoke I could NOT see that name.
Congrats on the new engine...you will need one soon.
Jay
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Cruiser34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merritt Island Florida

Re: Saw one at loc k 39 Trent/Severn

Post by Cruiser34 »

I own a 1986 Albin 34 double cabin with the Cummins 210 diesel. Love the boat and are in the process of getting it in near pristine shape. I am located on Merritt Island FL and are having a ball. I would like to see some active a34 owners it is a really great "Down East" Trawler.
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

Welcome to AOG,

It is a great group and a tremendous resource to all of us. We too have a 1986 A 34 with full fly bridge - hull # 4 - what number are you. We are presently located in CT but plan to move to Cape Cod next year. we live aboard for 4 - 5 weeks at a time now but will increase the amount of time now that I retired from a school system. The plan is to cruise to Lake Champlain next summer - have to be back for our son's wedding in September or we would have been gone longer. We LOVE the boat and have made many modifications including a rudder modification that now allows us to use the auto pilot and makes steering much easier - she travels straight and is great in most seas/weather conditions. We too have the single Cummins 210 turbo and really appreciate the fact that we can travel up to 15 kts if needed - mostly go at 10 - 12 kts burning a very reasonable 4.5 - 5 gph - can't beat that for the amount of living space we have. What model do you have - A full flybridge? They came in many models and we saw 2 that have no flybridge at all - look like beefed up A 27s (which we used to have). We're putting in a new fridge this winter - have a 2009 Norcold (No - Cold) now. Good luck and we are so glad to have another A 34 member.

Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Westbrook CT
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
Cruiser34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merritt Island Florida

Post by Cruiser34 »

Marcy K,
Nice to hear from a 34 owner. My boat is 1986, Hull #13 (Lucky Number) with fuel usageand speed about the same as yours. i am origionally from Long Island, NY and grew up on the Sound. I have been boating since i was 6 years old. My Albin does not have a flybridge which i did'nt want. Had them in the past and wanted to stay under cover in the hot florida sun. Have a 8K generator, 120 volt inverter, dual 16K btu A/C systems, Bow Thruster. and alot of cosmetic upgrades. I bought it in April and enjoy weekend cruising and even working on the boat.
I have been enjoying the forum and getting back into the boating after a Twelve Year Layoff. Enjoy, have a nice day and stay warm.... Jeff

Return to “33/34”