• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Attendance List

Coordinator - Matt Hanna (mhanna)
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Re: Rendezvous Attendance List

Post by tbnolin »

Now Craig....that's just not right....a reservation should not be broken...regardless of what island you have the opportunity to visit. You keep the reservation and Brenda and I will suffer and take your place in St. Lucia. I know....it'll be a chore... but if it helps you out...I'm there for you :). What day do we leave???

A few flurries today...

Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

tbnolin wrote:Now Craig....that's just not right....a reservation should not be broken...regardless of what island you have the opportunity to visit. You keep the reservation and Brenda and I will suffer and take your place in St. Lucia. I know....it'll be a chore... but if it helps you out...I'm there for you :). What day do we leave???

A few flurries today...

Tom
This is what I love about AOG. Members are always ready to help each other out!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

I called in last week but they said the person who does reservations is away. I left my Tele #I will try and call again this week. Since I have never been on a mooring (if no slips are available) do I need to have my own line or hookup to the Mooring?
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Ok, its done, Mahalo is booked for a mooring unless a slip become available. They said bring extra swim trunks cause its a bit of a swim from the moorings to the BBQ area.. Whats a boy to do now?. Maybe I'll have an inflatable buy then.
Anyone have a picture of what a mooring line looks like? Since I no longer have a samson post to tie onto I guess I must use the forward cleats and do I run the line threw the pulpit?
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Sure, through the pulpit or straight to a bow cleat. Didn't you grab a mooring at Hamburg Cove the last two years? Coecles is quite protected, don't sweat it. Nancy returns from vaca tomorrow, call her in the AM and get Craig's slip..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Anyone have a picture of what a mooring line looks like? Since I no longer have a samson post to tie onto I guess I must use the forward cleats and do I run the line threw the pulpit?
You can do as you stated. You can run the mooring line directly over the gunnel and onto the cleat provided your cleat is pretty far forward.
OR you can run your own lines from each cleat thru the eye of the mooring and back to your boat. use two lines as a "bridle". This way you will also have a two lines which will be redundant. I always run two lines to a mooring if I'll be leaving the boat or be overnigt.
(You see, one night several years ago on Block Island I used to have only one line. Then I woke up drifting thru the mooring field :oops: Yup, two lines ever since)
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jerseyalbin

Post by jerseyalbin »

I will call Nancy and drop my reservation and tell her to hold it for Mahalo! I would hate to see you make your family swim in from the mooring field.
To my friend Tom from Vermont it was nice of you to offer to go to St Lucia for me I will get back to you on the departure date but you will probably be stuck in the snow anyway.
I guess I will have to wear my coconut speedo in St Lucia or save it for next year!!
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

I need that date! Don't worry, I haven't put the snow blower away quite yet. It's always ready to go up til Memorial Day:).! If by chance I don't go....you have yourself a fantastic time! It's a really nice island. We took a tour of a lot of the island from a local. Brought us all over the place and was very informative....but who knows....we didn't know any different!!! And the Speedo...WE HAVE to have a snapshot of that!!!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
jerseyalbin

Post by jerseyalbin »

I actually do have a speedo to wear under the wet suit when diving, it is not something my wife would ever take a picture of!! Sorry about the snow blower we hit 80 today.

Mahalo, I switched the reservation over to you and Nancy at Coecles said she would call you to confirm that she is moving you into our slip reservation.
Craig
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Thanks so much Craig,, whew,, since smoking these darn Cigars I'm not sure I would be able to make that swim..Thanks again, sorry to hear you won't be making the trip.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jerseyalbin

Post by jerseyalbin »

The good news is that the cigar would be a good substitute for a port running light so you could make the swim at night.
We are planning a run up that way in August will post my plans when I figure it out, if I get a good report on Coecles we will stop there!
Have fun, Craig
Albin NSC 40
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Just got the call from Nancy at Coecles that Mahalo now has a slip.. Whew, glad I don't have to make that swim.. Thanks Craig.
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

For those on a mooring the Joint Venture has the inflatable available for launch service
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Sorry for delay in getting an updated list, I checked with Coecles and here is what we have as of today 4/28.

Bautista, Ed -- Mahalo
Campbell, Doug -- Sonny IV
Eliovson, Lionel & Linda -- Together
Garcia, Anne -- Resolution
Hanna, Matt & Janet -- Doghouse
Helmetag, Carl -- Froggy
Mach, John & Marsha -- Joint Venture
MacNichol, Jon -- Joncat
McCoy, Nannette -- Real McCoy
Murray, Rick & Karen -- Time After Time
Payne, Meyrick & Donna -- Andiamo
Schepis, Rob & Erica -- Toy-Rific
Sieben, David -- Hideaway
Spier, Greg -- Kotij
Teter, Mark -- Serenity
Zaweski, John & Tracy -- Home Instead

I still encourage others to join in, lets hope the weather clears up by then :wink:
2001 28TE - Doghouse
ENDURANCE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ENDURANCE »

Hi, You can add ENDURANCE to the list. No more slips, but we will be on the hook. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Hope winter was good to everyone! :D
Garth & Kim
ENDURANCE
2005 28 TE Flush Deck
Clinton, CT

Return to “Fifth Annual North East AOG Rendezvous - 2011”