• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thanks Matt, Janet and Everyone!

Coordinator - Matt Hanna (mhanna)
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Re: Thanks Matt, Janet and Everyone!

Post by mhanna »

They came the wrong week !!
I ordered a dozen to come into Coecles the weekend of the rendezvous :lol:

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I told them that and they said it was too hot and there wasn't any room left in the pool so they left!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Nice pictures Rob, we were so disappointed to miss this years event. We will be cruising that direction in a few weeks (leaving on 8/24 for about 10 days). We will hit Block Is , Mystic , Cuttyhunk , The Vineyard, Newport etc. We have a modest $25 credit at Coecles from our original registration, the people seemed very nice.
Would you recommend a stop there, not nearly as much fun with just one Albin, but I would like to see those dolphin.

Thanks, Craig
AlbinNSC40
AlbinNSC40
Craig
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

It really would be a crap shoot to think the dolphin would still be there but who knows..
Coecles is by no means a "resort" marina. It's an old-time VERY clean well run boatyard in a quiet setting. It is located in a beautiful harbor and does have a nice pool, bbq's, excellent bathrooms/showers, a small store and a shuttle to local spots of your choice, including a supermarket for re-provisioning. There is also laundry facilities. It is also run by a very nice laid back staff.

I would say it's worth a stop for a night. It's definitely a great place to head to if the seas are kicked up. Consider it a rest stop :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Would you recommend a stop there, not nearly as much fun with just one Albin, but I would like to see those dolphin.
We much prefer the anchorage over the marina. Very quiet and very dark as most of the land surrounding the anchorage is a wild life refuge. Great kyaking and dinking in the harbor.
Dolphin being there is very very unusual. This is a strange year in the the water is exceptionally warm right now.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Ron222
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Kingman Yacht Center, Pocasset, MA

Post by Ron222 »

Rob,
Your pictures of the dolphins are amazing. When Marcy and I left Block Island heading to Coecles the Friday before the Rendezvous we saw a pod of dolphins about 50 yds away from the boat heading in our same direction. They were spotted in the middle of Block Island Sound. They must have been the same pod. In all our years of boating this was a first so close to shore. I'm very surprised they swam into Gardners Bay. Wow. Very cool.
Ron
Paumanok, A34
Westbrook, CT

Return to “Fifth Annual North East AOG Rendezvous - 2011”