• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thanks Matt, Janet and Everyone!

Coordinator - Matt Hanna (mhanna)
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Thanks Matt, Janet and Everyone!

Post by RobS »

A special thanks to Matt & Janet for hosting a great party. It was obvious that thier numero uno priority this weekend was to make for a super cookout on Saturday and the VERY uncomfortable record breaking heat did not stop them one bit. The theme, the food, the raffles, giveaways, etc. all made for a fun time. And a thank you to the 4 little hula's from HomeInstead & TOY-RIFIC for being the perfect assistants and everyone else who helped out and brought along all the tasty food for sharing. The sky lanterns were a hit too, thanks Jay!

As always it was great to see old friends, meet new ones and finally connect to those we only know via posts, PM's and emails... Pics to follow.

Sky lantern pictures: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4611&p=27397#p27397
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Thanks Matt, Janet and Everyone!

Post by gerygarcia »

Thanks everyone for a great time!

Matt and Janet - Thank you for putting together a great Rendezvous!

I didn't take many pictures, but here is a link
http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m268 ... endezvous/

I promise next time to use a real camera!
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Froggy »

All of the Froggy crew thank Matt and Janet for organizing a great party! We had a fabulous time!

I finally opened the gift bag and wish to thank those who put it together and Defender for the gift certificate (which appears will go towards a macerator pump as mine just died).

If anyone gets up this way, drop me a note and we'll have an inpromptu rendez-vous.

Best,

Carl
Joncat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Old Saybrook CT

Post by Joncat »

Matt and Janet Thanks again..wish we could have stayed Sat night!!

Great to see everyone..once a year not enough!!

John & Mary
"Joncat"
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

Just wanted to say that Margaret and I had a great time meeting everyone and especially the outstanding effort by Matt and Janet for all their hard work. The weather being what it was, I believ my Santa list may include an ac unit.
Serenity
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

IMG_0759.JPG
I would like to thank all who attended the 2011 AOG North East rendezvous. The weather was a little tough this year ( can you say HOT :oops: ), but we still had a great turnout. There where a few members that could not make it and they were missed.

There where 20 boats in total at Coecles Harbor Marina, many in slips and some on the moorings.

Andiamo, Meyrick and Donna
Attitude Adjustment, Jay and Debby
Doghouse, Matt and Janet
Ebb Tide, Tim and Laurie
Froggy, Carl and Diane
Hideaweigh, Dave and Ann
Home Instead, John, Tracy, Drew & Laura
Joint Venture, John and Marsha
JonCat, John and Mary
Midnight Rambler, Chris and Diane
Paumanok, Ron and Marcy
Reel McCoy, John and Nannette
Resolution, Gery, Annie, Marissa & Gabriella
Seaquel, Dave and Barbara
Serenity, Mark and Margret
Sunny IV, Doug
Sweet Caroline, John and Don
Time after Time, Ric and Karen
Together, Lionel and Lynn
Toy-rific, Rob, Erika, Grace & Elle

The Saturday themed cookout worked out better than Janet and I expected. Many brought more decorations, everyone had extra food and as Rob mentioned above I wish to thank the 4 hula girls (Grace, Drew, Elle, and Laura) that helped in giving out the shirts, Defender bags and the raffle tickets.
IMG_0819.JPG
Several members said thanks for putting this together. The truth is that this is just a fantastic group of people and everyone helped out. THANK YOU EVERYONE...

I took several pictures as I am sure everyone did, once everyone finishes cleaning out their boats and getting things back in order please post what you can.

Last but not least, we also had a raffle and collected $230. John Collins has been kind enough to supply us with this website, shirts and much of his own time. John this is to put towards AOG, thanks VERY much for everything. None of this would have happened without you !

Thanks to everyone,
Matt and Janet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE - Doghouse
poillon1

Post by poillon1 »

Our first rendevous was soooo much fun! Can't wait for next year's event. Thank you Janet and Matt for your time and efforts with organizing this year and thank you John for the Albin Owner's shirts and bags! Hope everyone had a safe journey home, we arrived to a dock party in Mt Sinai and replaced the Coecles pool with dock dives. :lol: We hope all of you will come visit us at Mt Sinai Yacht Club (transient slips and moorings available).
Reel McCoy - 1998 28 TE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Ron222
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Kingman Yacht Center, Pocasset, MA

Post by Ron222 »

Marcy and I also want to express our thanks and gratitude to Matt and Janet and all the others that helped plan and organize this years Rendezvous !! It was an amazing turnout and testament to how much Albin owners love their boats and enjoy sharing their experiences. The boats docked at the oven slips (not even slips) without AC were heat endurance champions and may also want to try the Death Valley ultramarathon some day. The food, conversation and new friends made for a wonderful weekend. We left Monday morning as planned and returned to home port safe and sound after a great near month out at sea but sad, as well, that it had to end. See you next year ! Maybe earlier for all at the moorings !
Ron
A34 Paumanok
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I'm a little sad that we couldnt' make it but from what I'm reading the rendezvous was a success. Matt and Janet - Thank you so much for all your hard work. Thanks to everyone that pitched in, brought stuff, and showed up.
This group has turned into our own little social network. Unlike Facebook or those other places I know that I truly have friends and it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for the raffle donation!
Anyone please send pictures to jcollins AT albinowners.net.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

I will chime in and thank Janet & Matt for a great job. I knew I choose wisely (actually Matt just happened to be standing next to me last year when I was folding the banner). I have put all my photos in an online gallery where anyone can download the files for free or order prints at cost if they wish. If anyone else has a large number of images they would like to upload to this page PM me and we will get it done. Here's the link:
http://artlibrary.smugmug.com/Misc-Clie ... 27_WMLxGF3

Alternately, here's a link to a "slideshow" of the above images...
http://artlibrary.smugmug.com/photos/sw ... Key=FQRhzc
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ctlionsden »

We just got home, still feeling the glow from the warm weekend with friends old and new (no, we're not talking about the weather :roll: ). Thanks from us, too, to Matt & Janet for all the hard work delivered with smiles and great fellowship. Hope to see many "Albineers" again before summer's end.

Lyn & Lionel
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

After 11 days aboard, the crew of TOY-RIFIC returned home today. From Shelter Isl we went to Montauk, Mystic and Block Isl and enjoyed an incredible week of ideal summer weather and FAC seas. In 200 nautical miles the wipers were on for just one single swipe which was today as I headed out Shinnecock inlet for our last leg.

Leaving Block Isl this morning at sunrise
DSCN6029.JPG
Friends awaited as we headed from Gardiners for Cedar Pt
DSCN6081.JPG
DSCN6053.JPG
Last edited by RobS on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

poillon1

Post by poillon1 »

Woooow! Where were these taken?
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

poillon1 wrote:Woooow! Where were these taken?
Gardiners Bay in East Hampton. North of Cedar Point and East of the entrance to Coecles.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »