• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Izusu 6BD1 engine part identification

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

rockycoastcruises
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Harpswell, Maine

Izusu 6BD1 engine part identification

Post by rockycoastcruises »

I am hoping that somebody knows what this is on the port side of the engine. For some reason the photos are on their side but the part is located under the heat exchange. It seems like it also has an adjustment that can be made but not sure what this is about. I have looked at a schematic and it appears that this is the top portion of the oil pressure pump but not sure. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
SSJera58
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Harpswell, ME

Re: Izusu 6BD1 engine part identification

Post by SSJera58 »

I believe that to be an old mechanical tachometer drive. Like older speedometers in automobiles a cable would have run to the back of the Tach.
1988 Albin 27FC
Isuzu 6BD1
rockycoastcruises
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thank you SSJera58. I have worked hard to find an answer and very much appreciate your feedback and detailed information in your email. Today I had Sound Diesel Marine located in Connecticut contact me in response to an email that I had sent. Joe, the owner was very helpful. He explained the same thing about this part/tach drive unit, and explained a bunch of other things to me. I've never had any dealings with this company before but based on his feedback and willingness to assist I am sure that I'll be working with him in the future for any parts and assistance that I might need. It's great to actually find a mechanic that knows the Isuzu 6BD1 engine.
rockycoastcruises
Gold Member
Gold Member

I should also say that Bill, from Casco Bay Diesel Repair responded to my email stating that this is a tach drive unit. It's nice to have people that are willing to take the time to share their expertise. Sometimes it takes a village to keep an old boat going.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”