• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Peninsular Diesel Parts

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jrhess3
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Rochelle

Peninsular Diesel Parts

Post by jrhess3 »

UDMarine (https://www.udmarine.com/) has this message posted on their website:

Attention - Please Note - Important!!!

5/7/2022 Due to health problems this business division has now closed, the website will no longer take sales. As of this writing it is not known when and whether this will be able to resume. Due to the health problems and a hostile business climate in general it may be unlikely that this product line will continue. It has been requested by the business owner that this website be disabled immediately and to provide a status update at the beginning of June. Officially, whether business continues operation or not, this business division is officially available for sale. Considering full, partial, asset sale or exclusive distributorship with purchase of existing inventory (will not warehouse or drop ship) for another entity wanting the product line but retain existing supply chain and accounts through this business.

I am about to take ownership of an Albin 28 with a Peninsular Diesel, so this is concerning. Does anyone have any information about this or any alternate part sources?
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Peninsular Diesel Parts

Post by jcollins »

Great engines. Disappointing to see this. I wonder about the "hostile business climate" comment.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

jrhess3 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:21 pm UDMarine (https://www.udmarine.com/) has this message posted on their website:

Attention - Please Note - Important!!!

5/7/2022 Due to health problems this business division has now closed, the website will no longer take sales. As of this writing it is not known when and whether this will be able to resume. Due to the health problems and a hostile business climate in general it may be unlikely that this product line will continue. It has been requested by the business owner that this website be disabled immediately and to provide a status update at the beginning of June. Officially, whether business continues operation or not, this business division is officially available for sale. Considering full, partial, asset sale or exclusive distributorship with purchase of existing inventory (will not warehouse or drop ship) for another entity wanting the product line but retain existing supply chain and accounts through this business.

I am about to take ownership of an Albin 28 with a Peninsular Diesel, so this is concerning. Does anyone have any information about this or any alternate part sources?
I clicked through to Unique Diesel and could not find this message anywhere on the website. Maybe things have changed since that May 7, 2022 posting?
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
filer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by filer »

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

That was probably the only website link that I hadn't clicked on.

For the sake of Peninsular diesel owners, hopefully someone jumps in on this business as this owner did five or so years ago.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
fvreap
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: naknek

Post by fvreap »

I've been doing some (A LOT) of google searching.
Looks like the heat exchangers are available at https://lencoheatexchangers.com/product ... le-2340153
or
https://www.mrcool.us/2340153-peninsula ... anger.html

I think they also have oil and transmission coolers. I have not been able to find any other parts.
jrhess3
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Rochelle

Post by jrhess3 »

New message on the https://www.udmarine.com/ website:
Posting 6/20/2022

At this time the UDMarine.com website has been discontinued as several changes have occurred concerning the Marine product line.

Currently, components previously available are no longer being sold directly to the consumer (to the public) via this business division. For a number of reasons this has occurred.

While components may be available in the future, they will need to be made available from a distributor. In the beginning of July contact information and a more formal offering of options will be placed on this website for consideration. Basically there are some options ranging from identifying and transitioning inventory to a distributor who will handle customer orders and fulfillment and all customer support for items. Other options include a change of ownership of the entire product line should that be desired.

If you are currently seeking components, we encourage you to seek out your preferred Marine components distributor and request (and or demand) them taking on Peninsular components. As mentioned in July we will be entertaining distributor options, so potential distributors can contact us as we will be contacting other identified options for this.

Thank you for your interest in Peninsular components.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”