• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A 25 Garage Find

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Woody5
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: S florida

A 25 Garage Find

Post by Woody5 »

I found a 78 A 25 with Perkins diesel. Has been sitting in storage in the mid west for ten years. It sits on a custom steel trailer that is in good shape.

The boat is almost completely original. Some window leaks and water damage to the cabin. The rear of the helm top looks deformed and is unattractive but the gel coat and bottom look good.

I need a yard to send it to to survey it and help me get it running. Can you suggest a yard around lake Champlain or the Hudson that could help me to get this boat going?

Some places don’t respect this type of boat…..
Woody5
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: S florida

Re: A 25 Garage Find

Post by Woody5 »

Woody5 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:04 pm I found a 78 A 25 with Perkins diesel. Has been sitting in storage in the mid west for ten years. It sits on a custom steel trailer that is in good shape.

The boat is almost completely original. Some window leaks and water damage to the cabin. Looks like the mast fell and hit the back support behind the helm. The rear of the helm top looks deformed and is unattractive but the gel coat and bottom look good.

I need a yard to send it to to survey it and help me get it running. Can you suggest a yard around lake Champlain or the Hudson that could help me to get this boat going?

Some places don’t respect this type of boat…..
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: A 25 Garage Find

Post by WillieC »

I was looking at other boats a while back (don't tell anyone) and found one with a Perkins 4-108 engine. Ran across this site while researching that engine. Hope this helps.

https://www.enginebuildermag.com/2017/0 ... 08-engine/

Return to “Albin Maintenance”