• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Aftermath

Coordinator - Lou Bennett (loubennett)

Moderator: DougSea

loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Aftermath

Post by loubennett »

We had a successful rendezvous. About 15 boats braved the heat and joined us at Knapps Narrows Marina. The staff there went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. I highly recommend a stop there when you are in the neighborhood. It got pretty exciting Friday night when a very strong thunderstorm came through. A classic Chesapeake Bay line squall at its best. 60+ knot winds, horizontal rain, and lots of lightening. Everyone in our group weathered the storm without incident or damage thanks to a warning from Ray, a friend of Tinsley on Power Tower. He took the action to drive from his home to the marina to make sure we knew the storm was coming.

I hope everyone had a good time. I know I did, seeing old friends and meeting new. On my return trip a call from my son said the power was out at home due to the storm. I diverted to St. Michaels for the night. Hopefully power will be restored by tomorrow, but there were hundreds of thousands of people out since Friday night.

I hope to see you all next year and around the bay the rest of the summer.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
filer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aftermath

Post by filer »

Photos by Kip Brundage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Lou,
Thank you for your time and effort to make this a great event. It is truly an honor to be part of such a great group of people. We had a terrific time and are already looking forward to next year. Many thanks to Kip for stepping in at the end for the group shots!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Post by crowra »

Lou,

Thanks for all you did and picking another great marina! Sharon and I had a blast. Hope to see you before next year.

Rob
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

Lou,

Allan and I add our kudos to you for your efforts in making this another terrific rendezvous, and are already committed to make it next year! Great venue, wonderful friends both new and old (well, from last year; maybe that counts as old?). Many thanks again, Lou! :D :D :D

Kathy and Allan
SeaKeeper
'97 31' TE
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Post by Sanatee »

Lou

Carol and I are happy to have finally found AOG and joined a rendezvous. We had a great time meeting all of you and learning more of the mysteries of Albins! Really enjoyed the cookout too. Look forward to keeping up with the group and being at the next rendezvous.

Mike :D
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Lou,
Great job! The part I was impressed with was the awesome storm you had for entertainment! I have a dollar that says the "Storm Riders" will be talking about it at next years, too (I am glad I can joke about it because we all rode it out safely).
But on the serious side, it is always good to get together with the other owners and pick their brains, actually look at the solutions for their problems, and get a new drink recipe. I am looking forward to next years get together already.

Beth
Time Out Annapolis

Return to “Sixth Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2012”