• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Wrap-up

Coordinator - Chuck Waygood (chuck waygood)

Moderator: DougSea

Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Rendezvous Wrap-up

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Twenty two boats checked in, with the 22d, Holiday Express, arriving Thursday afternoon. Sadly, John Kispert on Island Belle from Patrick Air Force Base struck something in the St Lucie Canal and had to abort. Good luck with the repair, John. Winds in Charlotte Harbor kept a couple away and several owners came by car. Otherwise, the weather was perfect, maybe just a little hot! Thanks go to John Collins for the T shirts and his great Forum. It gets all the proceeds of the Cayman raffle ticket sales.
Congratulations to the following: White Pelican - the oldest Albin (1985); Nauti Naita - the newest; Lady Bliss for the best dinghy set-up; Island Hopp'n - originality, with Relax'n a close second (and I liked Psyche's three solar panels!); Mr Joe - best gel coat shine; A-List - best party boat; Liberty from Stuart - furthest by water alone; and finally Harold Case's Not Yet, a 35 CB, for the longest trip to the rendezvous - from Michigan on his trailer and from St Augustine around the state by water. Thanks for the travelogue, Harold. Safe journey home.
Congrats also to Eric and Debbie Dehmel for winning the week in Grand Cayman!
Thanks to all for your participation and especially Jim Overton, Doug Fuller and, of course, my grandson Bill Borho, for all your help.
And now for the really great news! The group voted to have the rendezvous at Palm Island Marina next year, April 9-12, 2013, and the ladies are taking over! Expect great organization!
jbutzer

Re: Rendezvous Wrap-up

Post by jbutzer »

Again, thanks Chuck for heading-up the rendezvous. It was great to see an effort by the attendees to get a strong start going for the event next year. The move to Palm Island, 40nm north should help bring more Albin owners from parts north!

Return to “Second Annual Florida AOG Rendezvous 2012”