• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Great Lakes Rendezvous ??!!

Coordinator - Dave Kircher (DKircher)

Moderator: DougSea

ppmeis
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marinette, WI

Great Lakes Rendezvous ??!!

Post by ppmeis »

I have been paging through the various forum topics. Seems that fairly often, maybe "tongue in cheek" more often than not, but anyway people often suggest a Great Lakes Rendezvous. I wonder what it would take to make it happen ? I am fairly new to AOG and have not been to a rendezvous so I would probably not be a good co-ordinator but I am certainly willing to help in any way I can. Maybe a good place to start would be for all the "Great Lakes" owners to post themselves on the owners group map so we could see how many of us there are. I am in Marinette, on the Green Bay side of Lake Michigan, lots of marinas and lots of things to do around here in the summer , I'm sure the Lake Superior owners would love to tell us about Bayfield and Duluth. There has to be a bunch of Albin Owners down in the Milwaukee/Chicago area, not to mention Lakes Huron and Erie. Lake Ontario may be closer to some of the Eastern rendezvous locations, but lets hear from you guys also. I bought my 36 foot DC south of Chicago last year and motored it up to Marinette in May of 2011, we had the lake to ourselves, it was a very late Spring that year. Anyway, there must be a thousand places within 300 - 400 miles of a central Great lakes point. Sounds like fun to me..how about everyone else ???
Marsha & Harold Case

Re: Great Lakes Rendezvous ??!!

Post by Marsha & Harold Case »

A Great Lakes Rendezvous is a great idea. Our port is Frankfort, Michigan and we enjoy cruising with our Command Bridge 35 up and down this coast as well to Wisconsin. We always enjoy seeing other Albins along the way and the owners are always eager to visit and share stories about their boats.
A chance to get together at a rendezvous is very appealing.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Marsha & Harold Case wrote:A Great Lakes Rendezvous is a great idea. Our port is Frankfort, Michigan and we enjoy cruising with our Command Bridge 35 up and down this coast as well to Wisconsin. We always enjoy seeing other Albins along the way and the owners are always eager to visit and share stories about their boats.
A chance to get together at a rendezvous is very appealing.
Does this mean you are not trucking your 35 back to Florida this year, Harold? If so, we will miss you at the Florida rendezvous in March. Looks like we may have more than the 26 last year. I hope you can get a Great Lakes rendezvous going. They are a wonderful way to see what folks can do with their Albins, and your folding mast for travel is a great example. Good to learn you are still involved. Cheers. Chuck
sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: grand haven, MI

Post by sunvale1 »

That idea makes me wish I had purchased an Albin.
But why not have an all trawler Rendezvous someplace in the Great lakes. The Travers City bay comes in mind.
Peter

Return to “Second Annual Pacific Northwest AOG Rendezvous - 2012”