• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Free dockage plus in Essex

Coordinator: Douglas Campbell (DougSea)
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Free dockage plus in Essex

Post by Jack »

I thought that the Northeast Group would like to know about Brewer's offer for a free weekend at their new Essex Island Marina October 3 - 5. See below:

Brewer Essex Island Marina cordially invites you to an October Escape Weekend!

In celebration of our newest Brewer location, we will be hosting a fun-filled weekend to explore the island, visit the town of Essex, stroll along Main Street, dine at renowned restaurants, dance to the psychedelic 60’s live band, and share your thoughts on what to do with our new marina. Come be our guest and enjoy!

FREE Transient Dockage
FREE Morning Coffee and Pastries
FREE Wine Tasting Saturday Afternoon
FREE Live Music Saturday Evening

Reservations accepted by phone only at (860) 767-2483.
Credit card required but only charged for no-shows.
Cancellations accepted until 5pm October 1st. First come basis.

Escape to the Island...Brewer Essex Island Marina!

Brewer Essex Island Marina
11 Ferry Street | Essex, CT 06426 | (860) 767-2483 | eim@byy.com
Mpayne
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stamford CT

NE rendezvous

Post by Mpayne »

Anyone got dares for this 2015 event yet? Big snow coming tomorrow and we wanted some warm thoughts! :) :D
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Free dockage plus in Essex

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

What's the usual situation in Essex in June? We are toying with the idea of trailering our Albin 25 all the way across the country from Phoenix to Westerly, RI in early June, with a short cruise on the Erie Canal on the way. Some fellow sailing club members here in Phoenix share ownership with siblings of a big old inherited beach house in Westerly, RI that they rent out for big bucks during the summer, but usually don't get renters until late June or after. They have invited a few of us out to spend a week for only the shared cost of housekeepers for that week, assuming they don't have it booked with renters in early June. That's only about 35 miles from Essex. Looks like a neat place to be & cruise the Connecticut River.

I'm right where I want to be right now. We reached a sunny high of 85 degrees here today in Peoria, AZ, but come June it could hit 110. But then as we say, you don't have to shovel heat.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

June is the beginning of the season since a lot of boaters feel that April and May are too cold or rainy. Still, it's not as busy as July and August. Good time to come. The river is beautiful but requires a chartplotter or good navigation to avoid shoals. There are plenty of great restaurants and things to see. Outside the mouth of the river, there are many destinations to cruise to within a couple of hours or so. Let me know when you're coming and we will try to assist locally.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We're still awaiting on final word of whether the beach house in Westerly will be available in June or not. All depends if they get a renter or not for June. If the deal falls through, we'd have to decide on a plan B. Cruise the 30 miles offshore out to Catalina Island from Dana Point, or back to the San Juans and up to Desolation Sound? Maybe the Delta in Stockton? If the beach house is available I'll keep your offer of assist in mind & thanks for the offer.

We don't have a high end chart plotter, but do have a Garmin 76cx handheld GPS with BlueChart software installed that covers all US coastal waters. And of course we'd get paper charts.

We're also hoping to get out to San Diego or Dana Point for a short cruise sometime soon before the whale migration season ends.

I won't rub it in about our weather here this week, but it's about as warm in Phoenix now as Essex is in July. We'll be out on the lake with the boat next weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

New England trip is on! We met up with our friends at a Lake Pleasant Sailing Club raftup (sunny, 79*) on Lake Pleasant over the weekend, and the date is secured, week of June 6-13.

Here's a link to the house they own in Weekapaug:

http://weekapauglife.com/2015-01-02-14- ... -weekapaug

So barring unforeseen issues, we'll be in Weekapaug, Rhode Island in June. I wonder are there any other Albin 25's in the area? We attended the 2014 Pacific NW Rendezvous in Roche Harbor, Washington on San Juan Island last year, but were one of only two Albin 25's. The rest were 27's, 28's, 31's, and 35's. We could stick around the area for a few days beyond June 13th if this year's NE rendezvous was in late June. Otherwise we'd be headed to the Jersey Shore, the Chesapeake, and points South by late June. Either way, within a year's time we'll have had our boat in the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Re: NE Rendezvous

Post by Serenity »

Doug, how many boats do we normally get at a rendezvous? I have a call into Treasure Cove Marina in Riverhead, LI . They have a pool, floating docks, cocktail bar, work out room to rid the body of unnecessary bodily fluids and a snack bar. The LI Aquarium is right next door. Riverhead has some great restaurants and wineries are near by. From Greenport at 18 knots it would be an hour to and 1 1/2 hour run. Peconic is all deep water. When I get more info I will pass it on.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: NE Rendezvous

Post by DougSea »

Serenity wrote:Doug, how many boats do we normally get at a rendezvous?
We had 18 signed up last year if I counted correctly. So figure 15-20? And ideally all on the same dock so that the all important Dock-tail hour(s) and visiting are easy. :)

Let me know what you find out. And thanks!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Doug, I spoke to Treasure Cove marina and they could handle 18-20 boats, 28-35 in length at their marina during July. You can speak to Chelsea at 631--727-8386 or visit their web site. They are to get back to me on rates and what is available.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Doug, I spoke further with Chelsea today at Treasure Cove marina and they can accommodate 18 boats on one of their docks up to 45 feet. They have a Tiki Bar, indoor outdoor pool, separate bar b q areas per dock and a snack bar. Your call
Max
Serenity 98 28TE

Return to “Ninth Annual Northeast Rendezvous -2015”