• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2015 Rendezvous

Coordinator: John Reynolds (joreyn)
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: 2015 Rendezvous

Post by whwells »

John & Carol: Just to let you know Pat and I will be in attendance. Looks like you will have a great event.
We have reserved Thur, Fri, and Sat nights in Slip No. 12 one of the 40'r's. Hoping there will be several others coming down from Anacortes. It is a long trip in new waters for me. Hoping we can avoid any serious fog this trip. Please make that a happen for us.
Let us know what you need for assistance.
Howard & Pat Wells
Flattery.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

That is the weekend before the Gig Harbor Wine and Food Festival, which my wife has taken on running. Sadly, I think it is a bad idea to try to leave town that weekend as she will undoubtedly be overwhelmed with work in preparation for this event. I may try to drive up and pay a visit, though. It's only a short drive from our house.

Side note: I would encourage you all to get tickets and make moorage reservations to come and join us for the event. If you're into food and wine, it's a fun, outdoor, waterfront event.
http://harborwineandfoodfest.com/

I'm curious to know what people thought of the boat show this year. I was there working our booth on the mezzanine above the main hall. We had (among other things) the propane outboards with the little 2.5hp in the tank for people to start and run.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

Sorry you can't make it. If you come up by car, you'll want to come on Saturday the 19th. We're having a pig roast and I'm working on some music after dinner.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Mariner: Bummer you won't make it again this year. We would enjoy seeing you all. Do come to whatever you can. Did attend the boat show.
Missed your presentation. Will watch for you next time.
whwells "Howard"
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Here is a rough idea of the agenda for the rendezvous.

Friday July 17
Arrive in Kingston. We'll be standing by to catch your lines.
Group Happy Hour (BYOB) and Cioppino Dinner courtesy of Carol Reynolds

Saturday July 18th
Kingston Farmers Market open at 9. There are booths serving breakfast items. In addition there are a couple of good restaurants, including one that makes great breakfast Crepes, less than a block away.
This is good time for fishing, and crabbing just outside of Kingston.
If you want to go into town, the port has a little electric cart that you can borrow.
Meet in Kingston Cove Yacht Club house around 4 or 4:30. Presentation about the Great Loop from members from Olympia, WA. Happy Hour to follow.
Pig Roast in the Clubhouse by the Old Goats Barbecue Society. Will include other items: probably some chicken, side dishes, bread etc.
Following dinner I am working on a music event.

Sunday July 19th
Departure day, or if you want to stay on, make arrangements with the Pot of Kingston in advance, that way you can keep your berth. For those coming from the North, I recommend cruising into Seattle. I highly recommend Bell Harbor Marina, which is right at the bottom of the stairs to the Pike Place Market, and also a reasonable walk to SAFECO Field in case the Mariners are in town. Also recommended, Tacoma's Foss Street landing, right in front of the Museum of Glass. Also, Gig Harbor - Arabella's Landing - is delightful. From there you can go through the Tacoma Narrows and cruise the South Sound. Cruising south is a great alternative, less crowding, lots of little state parks and coves to anchor up in. Definitely need to make reservations well in advance for the three marinas mentioned.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Addendum

The Admiral says that we are hoping each boat can bring an appetizer or salad to the cioppino dinner on Friday.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
A&TFraser
Mate
Mate
Home Port: April Point, Quadra Island

Post by A&TFraser »

That sounds really great John, especially the "happy hours" :D ...Our plan is to start heading down on the Wednesday and hook up with Howard for the second leg Thursday.Hopefully the weather gods will smile on us,
cheers, Andy & Tasha
Gmschuler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Edmonds

Post by Gmschuler »

I called the Port of Kingston today and made our reservation. He assigned us to slip 28 (30'). We will be stern in. Both Stephanie and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again. Sorry we missed the Boat Show dinner.
Take care, see you this summer.
Greg & Stephanie Schuler
2002 31 TE
Blue Heron
Port of Edmonds
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Progress Report

As of today we have 13 boats registered. We have one 40 foot slip and one 30 foot slip left in our allotment. We are going to be neighbors with the Power Squadron, which is having a cruise-in that weekend, so a full marina the weekend of July 17. There are 2 40 foot slips that are not reserved, which someone might be able to get even if our allotment is used up, but my point is I would get cracking. Call the Port.

We have a few first time boats, and a good number of returnees.

We have some non-Albin Owners joining us. ATFraser is hoping to find an Albin Command Bridge, and will be joining on their SeaRay 30. Howard will be making me envious with his new Sabre 42. And I believe Tahoma is coming on their sailboat. They are going to regale us with tales of their Great Loop progress.

That is all -- for now.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Another update

I was able to snag another 40' slip so we have one 30' and two 40' slips available, and 13 slips already claimed. I think I smell Cioppino!
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

My mouth already is starting to water. We can do a salad.
Howard & Pat
arcticspud
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor, WA

Post by arcticspud »

Happy Place made a reservation to attend. We will be in slip 15. See you all there!

Pat and Alexa
36 ET
Twin 6BTA 270
Hull #1
Happy Place
Gig Harbor, WA
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Post by Mike Almvig »

I am interested in joining this get together. Do I call the marina directly to book my slip or work it through the forum?

I am a classic albin '25 owner and am looking forward to meeting all of you!

Mike
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Mike,

It is great that you'll be joining us. Here are the details about the rendezvous:

Our Rendezvous coordinator, John, has procured 16 slips in the Kingston Marina for our rendezvous. We have 13 boats committed to attend. The dates are: arriving Friday 7/17 and departing 7/19. He has paid a deposit to hold these slips, but you will need to contact the Port of Kingston (360) 297-3545 to confirm your reservation, including paying one nights moorage. The block of slips is reserved under the name PNW Albin Owners. Please notify John once you have done that, as he is going to need to provide the Port with slip assignments. You can PM or post on the AOG site.

If you would like to arrive a day or two early (or depart late), that should not be a problem, but be sure to identify yourself as part of the group so that you have the best chance of going into (or remaining in) the slip that is reserved for you.

The slips have 30 amp power (John believes there is 50 amp in some of the larger slips). There are nice washroom/shower/laundry facilities on shore. Fuel is available and is pretty reasonable. Pump-out is done from your slip. Picnic/barbecue facilities in the one-acre manicured park just ashore, as well as a picnic shelter on the dock. The marina staff is really attentive, so if you need anything, just ask.

The Edmonds-Kingston ferry dock is immediately adjacent to the marina, so if you want to take an excursion over to Edmonds, just walk on the ferry. Lots of good restaurants and artsy shops over there. Groceries, hardware, a bakery, and a new Micro brewery are in town in Kingston, and you can borrow the Port's cute little electric car to get there - or it's a 1/2 mile walk. Bank of America and Columbia Bank have branches in the town.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Mike, the port will assign your slip as we are down to just two 30 foot slips. Once you have contacted the port let me know. Send a private message. I need your boat name, a mobile phone number, and an email.

Howard and Pat Wells and Anew and Tasha Fraser will be cruising down from Anacortes. You might want to join the flotilla.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler

Return to “Fifth Annual PNW Rendezvous - 2015”