• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

air conditioning on the cheap...(albin 28 TE)

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

tomcat rio

air conditioning on the cheap...(albin 28 TE)

Post by tomcat rio »

..i just drop the canvas doors and plunk a 5000 btu window air conditioner on the engine cover and drape the canvas around it...the unit is quite light. good enough for spending the night at a dock with shore power...
5000 btu seems to be adaquate for the pilot house and the cabin. noise level is quite acceptable. condensation drains with no problem.
cost: $89.00.
not too stylish, but i wear plaid shorts and sandals with argyle socks, so it works for me .
Meyer

stylish A/C

Post by Meyer »

tomcat, I lived on a sailboat w/ a similar a/c arrangement. I considered it very stylish!

What's important is that you're enjoying your boat!

Judith
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Tomcat,
I have a carry-on unit that came with the boat. The previous owner used it once in the 3 or 4 years he owned the boat. I have used it once this year to be sure it works. Your idea ain't fancy but it works. My problem is that I have a convertible. <smile> No pilot house.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”