• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Members Introductions

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
delkar1

New Members Introductions

Post by delkar1 »

Hi all ALBIN fans: I bought SYNERGY new in 1988 she is a 27 SPORT EXPRESS. It was the time that they were trying to branch out from the aft cabin and go into the sports fishing field. The 32 command bridge was on the drawing board and they were playing with various options on the 27 hull to see what would work for a fishing boat. SYNERGY is a veresion of the GATSBY powered by a Cummins 210 turbo.

the stats are: wide open at 2600rpm producing 21mph cruise at 2100rpm producing 17mph. Fuel consumption is average 3.5gph. The cabin is the typical layout of the 28 with a great big bow berth, full galley, stand up head with a shower, dinette, hanging locker etc. The soft top has three front roll up windows and full side windows. There are two fish wells and tons of storage space.

Having reached the age of 72 I added a LEWMAR windlass to preserve my back and have a GPS and fishfinder.

I purchased SYNERGY at COS COB and she lived at SHATTEMUC YACHT CLUB on the Hudson River in Ossining, N.Y. until 2004 when Diane and I moved to Venice, Fl. I had SYNERGY trucked to Florida and she now is happily cruising and fishing on the ICW and The Gulf of Mecixo.

The total hours are just over 1000 and the Cummins has about 600 hours. At 400 hours the engine totally blew out and was replaced courtesy of the insurance company because of manufacturing defect.

I still get that look as I pass by the owners of the glitzy funny looking boats and they seem to say 'WOW thats a real boat"

It is a shame to see ALBIN close up shop and I hope that someone comes along and resurects the classic boat.

please feel free to contact me with questions and/or comments at

delkar2@comcast.net (the AT is the at sign which doesn't seem to work)

Also you can see the pics at the web site
http://home.comcast.net/~albin27/site/?/home/
Bob Sernatinger
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Great looking boat Bob. Welcome to the group.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

That's a real boat.
Welcome to the group. Nice pictures. Thanks for posting.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”