• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Picked up new engine & rudder removal

Albin's "power cruisers"
DaveP

Picked up new engine & rudder removal

Post by DaveP »

I just got back to Phoenix after making a quick trip to Costa Mesa, CA (6 hrs. each way) to pick up the new Yanmar 29 hp that I will be re-powering my Albin 25 with. It might be a week or two before I get a time slot at Bergeron Engineering where the work will be done.

I'll send out some pictures on the re-power when it is complete. I'm hoping to test the boat on Lake Pleasant N.W. of Phoenix. The propeller might need cupping as the mechanic thinks that in its current configuration the new engine might over rev.

I haven't gotten a reply yet from an Albin 25 owner on how to remove the rudder on a 1970 Albin 25. If any of you have experience in removing the rudder I'd really like to hear from you before I tackle the project. I'd also be interested in finding out if the rudder bushings are available, or what you use to replace them if the originals are no longer available.

Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season and a safe and healthy New Year.

Thanks
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Picked up new engine & rudder removal

Post by jcollins »

Dave,
I certainly don't want to drive anyone away but have you tried the Yahoo Albin Cruisers Group?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DaveP

Re: Picked up new engine & rudder removal

Post by DaveP »

Hi John:

No I haven't tried the Albin Cruisers group yet but will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”