• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Planning this summer's cruise

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Planning this summer's cruise

Post by Pitou »

Starting to put together a loose float plan from Essex / Cape Ann, MA to the in Rendezvous in Essex, CT. We would like to do a little gunkholing on the hook with some marina stops in between. On the way thinking of stops in Buzzard's Bay .... maybe Ric's watering hole the Chart Room for a night, Hadley Harbor or Cuttyhunk. Possibly a stop in Newport, RI, Mystic Seaport and on to Essex or catch Mystic Seaport on the way back with a night or two to fish at Block then on to the Vineyard and back up throught the canal with a stop in P-town.

Again, just in the early planning stages. This might be too much over 2 weeks and we plan to add or subtract as the spirit or suggestions move us.

Any suggestions from any of you from the Cape Cod Canal southward???? All help and suggestion appreciated. Thanks
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Planning this summer's cruise

Post by jcollins »

Interesting that you mention that. We are planning one of our weeks now.
Baltimore, Annapolis, St. Michael's, Pocomoke (maybe) , and more. Naturally the week will include the rendezvous in Deale. We want to meet other AOG members along the way.

I'm thinking of posting "live" via Google earth this year. Try to make everyone that's sitting in an office jealous.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Hmmm......does this count?

Mid April dep Tilghman Island, Eastern Shore of MD, S to Charlston, Savanah, Cape Canaveral, New Orleans, San Antonio TX, Midland Odessa TX (Confederate AF museum), Boulder CO, Yellowstone Nat Pk, Seattle WA, hwy 101 & 1 down to San Francisco, Sequoia Pk, Yosemite, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon (North Rim), Boulder CO again, Rocky Mtn Nat Pk, Back across country to Tilghman Island for end of July.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Doug,
Absolutley counts! Sounds like a great vacation.

This time I am posting publicly so I can't back out because of work.

April - Dinner on us! July too if your not too worn out from all that traveling. By the way, how many burgees do you fly now?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Cruising”