• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Memorial Day Weekend

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Memorial Day Weekend

Post by gerygarcia »

Thought I'd start a thread about Memorial Day. Hopefully you will be on your boat this holiday :D

Resolution will be at Westhampton Beach Marina from Saturday to Monday. Coming from Nassau/Suffolk border. We will be scouting out the Moriches shoaling area along the way :oops:
Maybe I'll see some Albins along the way. We usually do :wink:

Happy Memorial Day!
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Post by jcollins »

Afterglow will be around Seneca, Middle River, Gunpowder, and Hart-Miller.

Have a great weekend everyone!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

gerygarcia wrote:Maybe I'll see some Albins along the way. We usually do
Was flounder fishing at buoy 17 in Moriches and watched Resolution, followed by Springer, motor by heading home to the west. Gery, I noticed you planned your trip thru Moriches at dead high tide :wink:

15 Minutes later AOG member Mike G came down the west cut heading back in from Moriches Inlet.

Did not have the camera handy at those times.

Ended up with 10 keepers and a few throw-backs. Then headed in and exchanged the fishing gear for the beach gear and went on the hook at Great Gunn for a late lunch.

A much better weekend of weather that what I expected with the very iffy forecasting towards the end of the week.

I figured if we let the pup fish we could keep 10 more fish :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

RobS wrote:
gerygarcia wrote:Maybe I'll see some Albins along the way. We usually do
Was flounder fishing at buoy 17 in Moriches and watched Resolution, followed by Springer, motor by heading home to the west. Gery, I noticed you planned your trip thru Moriches at dead high tide :wink:
I tried hailing you on 16 but I figured you had your hands full with fish :lol:

My parents have a 35 Tiara that they didn't want to bring through Moriches. Was a very good decision.
My sister and her family went through a little earlier in their 32 Acadia.

On the way to Westhampton Beach on Saturday, we went through the area at mid tide and ran aground at buoy 27.
We were able to pull ourselves off with a little use of the throttle. :(

We spoke to Sea Tow and they said in the future ignore buoy 27 and go from buoy 26 directly to buoy 28.
Basically, when you head north towards Hart's Cove from 26, aim for the huge mansion as you pass buoy 27 a couple hundred yards to the east of that buoy and connect with buoy 28. We'll try that rout next time.

On the return trip west we followed a path that goes even further west past 27 and using flag markers posted by locals. There was a slight hump even at high tide, so we will probably go the Sea Tow suggested rout next time.

We'll have to get together sometime this summer!

Gery
Resolution 28TE
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Spent the Memorial Day also celebrating my 56th birthday (same day) and what better way that aboard "Mahalo" with the wife and my 2 beautiful daughters. Raised up our glorious flag up the outriggers & Cruised down the East River past the UN and Seaports Tall Ships, seeing a few Destroyers an the mighty Intrepid Carrier we headed down past a few Tall ships under sail, dodged the Staten Island Ferries down on through the Verrezano Bridge only to anchor up behind the famous Coney Island. Lit up the BBQ for a few dogs and a nice marinated steak, umm that was good. We all took in the sun and were at peace, thankful for the lives we have. Then we took a nice nap......Heaven :wink:
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Gery,
I was on ch 68 listening to the boats flukin' outside. I was gonna call your cell but I did have a hand full of worms and mussels and figured you'd prefer keeping on eye on the skinny channels rather than talking to me. Too bad with the tight fleet I was in you would not have been able to stop by. Gotta love the protected running gear on the 28TE - It was a very important factor for me with Moriches being my home port. At least it allows you to poke around at idle in the shallows and find your way through. Gonna be at Watch Hill the weekend of June 27.

Ed,
Sounds like the perfect b-day. People pay a lot of money to cruise those waters and take in the sights around NYC. Then again - so did you! :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

zinbaad wrote:Spent the Memorial Day also celebrating my 56th birthday (same day) and what better way that aboard "Mahalo" with the wife and my 2 beautiful daughters. Raised up our glorious flag up the outriggers & Cruised down the East River past the UN and Seaports Tall Ships, seeing a few Destroyers an the mighty Intrepid Carrier we headed down past a few Tall ships under sail, dodged the Staten Island Ferries down on through the Verrezano Bridge only to anchor up behind the famous Coney Island. Lit up the BBQ for a few dogs and a nice marinated steak, umm that was good. We all took in the sun and were at peace, thankful for the lives we have. Then we took a nice nap......Heaven :wink:
Sounds like a great Memorial Day!
We also BBQ'd Saturday and Sunday for dinner. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Ribs (precooked) and sausages. What Memorial Day weekend would be right without it! Funny, I think I need a vacation after the vacation. Always tired afterwards :wink: That nice nap you took does sound like heaven!
Resolution 28TE
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

RobS wrote:Gery,
I was on ch 68 listening to the boats flukin' outside. I was gonna call your cell but I did have a hand full of worms and mussels and figured you'd prefer keeping on eye on the skinny channels rather than talking to me. Too bad with the tight fleet I was in you would not have been able to stop by. Gotta love the protected running gear on the 28TE - It was a very important factor for me with Moriches being my home port. At least it allows you to poke around at idle in the shallows and find your way through. Gonna be at Watch Hill the weekend of June 27.
I was on ch 69, actually tried hailing you on that channel besides 16.
I don't think I've seen it that packed with boats ever. Was kind of tight around the channel.
I wish they would not anchor so many right on the channel. I've run aground by avoiding fishing boats that made it impossible to get through.

I'll let the admiral know about June 27.
Resolution 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

gerygarcia wrote:I don't think I've seen it that packed with boats ever. Was kind of tight around the channel.
I wish they would not anchor so many right on the channel. I've run aground by avoiding fishing boats that made it impossible to get through.

I'll let the admiral know about June 27.
I agree and was quite suprised the CG did not come out and force people out of the channel around 17 & 19. We made a pt of staying out of the channel. Especially that it was a holiday weekend, really suprised the CG did not come by. There were plenty of boats heading back west, some did not even bother to slow down when coming thru the fleet. To top it off, 2 jack-asses on a walk around Pro-Line decided to do drift dives thru the fleet ! Free diving, not scuba. But they played it safe and put out the dive flag :lol: Idiots for certain - there were some choice words being exchanged...

Maybe we'll see you at Watch Hill that weekend. We are planning to get there Fri the 26th. I mentioned it to Matt Hanna too.

I have your cell ending in 1895. Is that right?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

RobS wrote:I have your cell ending in 1895. Is that right?
yup
yours 9573?

Now if I can only get out there early and not have to turn around. Call ahead seating doesn't really work for me.
Resolution 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

gerygarcia wrote: .... yours 9573? ....
you got it.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"