• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Block or Cape Cod Bay

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Block or Cape Cod Bay

Post by RicM »

Karen & I have 6 days off starting Aug 24 and going to the 30th. We are debating a cruise around Cape Cod Bay, likely stops Catumet, Wellfleet, P-town, maybe Duxbury etc, or Block Island, and maybe Greenport. Both would involve some fishing for striped bass and schoolie tuna. I would like to hear any thoughts on the CC Bay ports as we are fairly familiar with BI and the Greenport area.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Block or Cape Cod Bay

Post by jleonard »

I also have vacation that week and I may be at Block for part of it. If at Block I will either be anchored in the shallow water off Scotch Beach, or on pvt mooring 396 which is on the edge of the channel opposite the town moorings next to "Ruling Passion" the charter cat.
(Would trade cold beer for tuna :wink: )
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

If that ends up as the plan we will definitely be in touch. Would love to get a tour of an Albin Trawler. Thinking about another boat in the south as opposed to a retirement condo.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
JoeH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JoeH »

Rick, try out Scituate Harbor one of the prettiest harbors on the East Coast. Harbor is right downtown with plenty of amenities. Great shopping with a host of good restaurants. Good fishing too, stripers, blues and cod fish. Scituate has a fair amount of commercial fishing as well draggers, gillnetters and primarily lobstermen.

If your interested in a slip call the Harbor Master at 781 545-874 or hail on channel 9, contact Cedar Point on channel 9 for a mooring.

I'd be happy to assist with further info. Just let me know.

Joe H
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

We have decided on a an abbreviated Cape Trip, all on the Bay side due to Hurricane Bill. Monday night at KingMans in Catumet, through the canal Tuesday and a night at Barnstable Harbor, then 3 nights in P-Town, and then back through the canal to Onset on Sat. night, and home on Sunday.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Like the song said....Don't mess with Bill. There will be another weekend.
It is tough to plan this time of year.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Cruising”