• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Beautiful Fall Day

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Beautiful Fall Day

Post by loubennett »

It was a wonderful Fall day yesterday. I hope most of you took advantage of the 70 degrees and sunny weather to get in a little more boat time before winter. I saw Mike and Beth on Time Out cruising up the Severn. We had to navigate around the frostbite sailing fleet off the Naval Academy, but then it was clear running up the river and back. (They really shouldn't call it frostbite when it's 70 degrees and sunny. Their only discomfort was lack of wind.) I wanted to keep on going and call in sick Monday morning. I hope to get in a couple of more cruises before winterizing Quest. I'm trying for a three day weekend on November 20 through 22. I'm also seriously considering a four day cruise on Thanksgiving weekend. Haven't set any destinations yet so if any of you are cruising those weekends it would be great to meet up somewhere.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Beautiful Fall Day

Post by RobS »

I'll be in the Bahamas for Thanksgiving.... If you see a dive boat, wave :D
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Lou, I agree. Beautiful day Sunday. Fishing plans for this coming weekend. I figure I'll have most of the upper bay to myself with all the fisherman heading south for the tournament. :wink: I'm hoping to be around the bridge. Next weekend, I have off and Sara and I have been discussing a 2 or 3 night trip but I just looked at the long range forecast and temps in the 20's for the overnights. Imagine my shock at the realization that winter is coming. I've been in denial. I'll start calling around next week to see who still has services open at or near the marinas and decide for sure once we see the weather. I hope we see you on the water.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

John, yes it's going to be cool, but that's why we have pilot houses. I may go to St. Michaels on Thansgiving day and have dinner with my brother and his family if they are planning to be home. From there I'm open. I hear Baltimore is open year round, so that's a possibility. Chestertown also could work. I was just in Solomons, but I always have a good time there.There are plenty of others, so give me your thoughts. Maybe some others would like to join in. A mini AOG rendezvous in late November would make those New England owners envious.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Hey John, Just got back from the sign in for the tournament, and as of now there are only around 75 boats. Of course that could change by the end of the week. My crew and I will be staying at the Knapps Narrows Marina and Inn on Saturday night, and heading south early in the morning. If you guys are around stop on in for a beer! I am off the following week, but sounds like it will be time to think about putting her to sleep for the winter.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

It was a perfect day. :cry:
I spent the day winterizing the engine and cleaning up. They pulled the boat the week before. I did purchase a new radar unit for my Lowrance display. I'll install in the spring. Since my unit has been discontinued, I found it on Ebay for 50% off.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Carl, how far south do you plan to run for the tourney? I'm taking a couple of co-workers out Sat. Figure we'll fish BB to Bloody Point. Sunday's open now but plan to get out. Tuesday and Wednesday heading out with friends again then Thurs-Sat is still undecided. Sara and I are still thinking about an overnight. St. Michaels is a possibility. Was also thinking Herrington Harbor South again if the restaurant is still open. HHS is also close to good fishing now so that may be our ticket if it all comes together. I'll let you know.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

John, We will probably run down to Solomons on Saturday and give it a go. There are fish from the bridge down, but from what I have heard not the numbers of what there are south. Of course that can change over night. Keep an eye out for the crab pots, I hear they are out in 50 to 60 feet of water right now. That could get ugly real quick. I will be on channel 68 or 63, I cant remember right now what channel the committe is on. Give me a shout and let me know if you get into them, and I will do the same. The boat count is over 100 now. Good Luck
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

Good luck with the fishing. I am going to Chestertown for the weekend. Up on Friday, back on Sunday. Any fish I get will already be cleaned and cooked. Thanksgiving weekend will take me to St. Michaels on Thursday, docking at the Harbor Inn. I'll play it by ear for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and possibly Monday. For John's information, Mango's at Herringtom Harbor South is open except for Thanksgiving Day.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “Cruising”