• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

does anyone here own an Albin 40 North Sea Cutter? or have

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

i112151

does anyone here own an Albin 40 North Sea Cutter? or have

Post by i112151 »

any experience with the boat?

i am seriously considering purchasing a new 40 nsc. please advise! :shock:

please include any experiences with warranty service.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hello i,
Welcome to the board! I have no experience with that boat but if you need a hand for the sea trial I'll volunteer.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
apage

40 NSC

Post by apage »

Hi:

There are a a few of these boats that are leftovers. The company has gone to great lengths to stand behind these products. There is going to be one at the Newport Boat Show that looks great. I know the dealer is pricing the boat 'right' in the hopes of finding a buyer at the show.

If you are interested in one, I can definitely help. Let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew @ Albin
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Found this ad on Craigslist - This is the boat that was at the Newport Boat show. There are several 28's on the list as well.

Jack

ALBIN 40 NORTH SEA CUTTER, '06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-211904894@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-09-25, 9:50AM EDT

2006 Albin North Sea Cutter complete with Twin 370hp Yanmar IB Diesel Engines
Blue Hull;Red Boot Stripe;White Deck
AC;8kw Onan Generator
Custom fit Hard Top with Recessed Lighting
Plus many extras
Located @Standish Boat Yard, Inc.
1699 Main Rd.
Tiverton, R.I.
401-624-4075
Ask for Ken, Jack or Denise $299,000.00

this is in or around TIVERTON, R.I.
i112151

Post by i112151 »

i wonder why they're selling it? :(
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Standish Boat Yard is the Rhode Island dealer for Albin boats.
They brought the boat in over the winter I believe.

The inside is very nice from a comfort standpoint. I wouldn't know what to do with all that space compared to my 28.

Jack
i112151

Post by i112151 »

somehow i don't think they're selling it because it's too roomy, especially at a loss of $100,000. i 'll bet it's either a personal problem or the boat was a lemon. :(
stevefrankel

Re: does anyone here own an Albin 40 North Sea Cutter? or ha

Post by stevefrankel »

i112151 wrote:any experience with the boat?

i am seriously considering purchasing a new 40 nsc. please advise! :shock:

please include any experiences with warranty service.
I own Hull #11, and yesterday I made my first post regarding it. It's on the part of the board that includes 40 NSC posts. In anwer to your questions, I would -- absolutely -- buy it again today. I love the boat and, given the prices of the competition such as the Sabreliners and Grand Banks, I think you'll make a 6-figure profit if you bought one today, new, in the high 300's to low 400's; and sold it about 5 years from now. As far as I know, about 20 were built and more than 15 have already sold. That's not bad for a first year for a new model in this price range. I don't know whether Albin is ordering more for their dealer pipeline.

As for service, it of course depends on you your dealer and your distance from their shop. In my case, I've received excellant service from both Albin (Ed Winarski) and D'Anna Yachts (Wayne D'Anna). As an example of Albin's service through Ed, when Kindred Spirit arrived I was shocked to find that both of the heads were too small for my butt; all they would fit in the U.S.A. would be anorexics and midgets (not really, I'm 230 pounds). I called Ed and sail "HELP." At no cost to me, they swapped out the kiddy sized Raritons that came with the boat, for larger sized one with larger seats. They had absolutely no obligation to do this! Also, they've been very cooperative whenever I needed other help. Wayne D'Anna is a true gentleman and has also been fully cooperative and helpful when dealing with commissioning problems. However, since the boat is sound, and a year has passed, and he's 300 miles away, I've taken to handling most items through the factory. I get a quote to have needed warranty done and they authorize it. Or, in the case of a problem with the VHFs and one with one of the the air conditioners, I went to Raytheon and the airconditioner's manufacturer and they handled the problems for me with factory service and their local dealers.

I hope this has helped. If there's anything specific you need to know, please ask.
i112151

Post by i112151 »

i decided against the 40 nsc. the local dealer in maryland were not even able to get their boat back in time for the annapolis boat show. it's still in the factory in rhode island where it has been since august. every time i called them i got a different, conflicting story as to what was wrong. several folks have contacted me off list to tell me the myriad of problems they've encountered, from reversed steering contols to cheap knockoff hardware to leaky poorly put together plumbing.

i placed an order on an island pilot 395 this weekend because their quality control appears to be much better. thanks to those who answered my questions. i'm glad some local dealers have stepped up to fix many factory defects, but i frankly don't need the hassle of a boat that won't be reasonably reliable from the start. :roll:
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

i112151, I don't know where this 40 was that you are talking about but if it is still in the Albin Portsmouth plant it must be the very rare 'stealth' model.

I did a tour of the plant 10/2 & a North Sea Cutter was nowhere to be seen. Biggest thing in the building was a near completed 35 Command Bridge & a 28 was sitting outside.

I have no idea what is/was at Cos Cob.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
i112151

Post by i112151 »

Veebyes2 wrote:i112151, I don't know where this 40 was that you are talking about but if it is still in the Albin Portsmouth plant it must be the very rare 'stealth' model.

I did a tour of the plant 10/2 & a North Sea Cutter was nowhere to be seen. Biggest thing in the building was a near completed 35 Command Bridge & a 28 was sitting outside.

I have no idea what is/was at Cos Cob.
i only know that this nsc 40 was in the maryland dealer in august and was then sent "to the factory" in new england. it has had so many problems for god knows what it could not arrive in time for the annapolis show last wk. i've been told a variety of things gel coat probs, thru hull probs, gear probs etc etc. would you want such a boat? :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”