• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nissan LD- 28 motor mounts

Albin's "power cruisers"
Jeff Lavallee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nissan LD- 28 motor mounts

Post by Jeff Lavallee »

Any advice on what to use for new motor mounts?
Clay Helm
Deckhand
Deckhand

Re: Nissan LD- 28 motor mounts

Post by Clay Helm »

I'm not sure which motor mounts you are referring to. My Nissan has two groups of, what I call, motor mounts. The first are weldments on the rear and rods on the fw'd that locate in holes in the engine casting. These carry the load to the traditional isolation motor mounts that are attached to the stringers.

This spring I went for a short cruise on the sound and felt severe vibration. The water was still in the forties and the air temp about the same, I thought that the vibration had something to do with the cold. Went I got back to the dock I checked the engine and shaft alignment and found that the Drivesaver, look-up Drivesaver if you don't know what this is, was deformed. I purchased a new Drivesaver and started to install it when I saw that one of the rear engine mount weldments has broken. I took it to a welding shop and had it repaired. After reassembly and realignment everything is good. The traditional mounts are Rubber isolation units mounted with two bolts each to the stringer bracket and one 3/4" stud to the engine mounts. This is where I had to make the adjustments to align the engine to the shaft.

I hope this answer your question.

Clay Helm
Puppy Dog
Albin 27 FC
Albermarle Sound, NC

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”