• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Page format?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Page format?

Post by Denis »

Im sure it is something I need to reconfigure but Im not sure what that might be.
It used to be fine but now the AOG site is too wide for my screen and I need to scroll back and forth to read everything.
Is there something I can do to change that?
Denis
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hey Denis,

I get the same problem but only on occasional pages. Most of the time everything fits just fine. Never took the time to look into the root cause of the problem. I always assumed that there was a post in the thread that forced the page to expand.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on this one?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi guys!
Denis - Is this on every page? If it's not on every page, that can happen if a user's avatar (picture) is too big or linked and not uploaded to the site. The max size for an avatar is 80x80.
I may have made the burgee avatar too big. I'll check that.
Also - this site is best viewed at 1024X768 or larger. If your video is set to 800X600 you will have scroll left/right.
Lastly - we made the logo at the top of the page bigger. It may be too big. If everyone is having this problem I'll ask Gery to resize it.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Morning John,

Can't speak for Dennis' issue but I get this problem on occasion and I'm set for 1400x1050.

I went looking for an example, the "is that big stick an auto pilot or what?" post in this section won't fit on my screen.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Should be better now...
Let me know
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

John, it used to fine but now every page is too big, not just the pictures. Im sure the problem is on my end, I just don't know how to fix it. I'll poke around here to see what I can do. Thanks, Denis
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Any time someone posts a picture in a thread that is wider than the frame appears on your computer, it will force the frame to the width of the picture, causing you to have to scroll from side to side. This will be exacerbated if you have your computer set to a low resolution.

If you come across a thread where this has happened, and you have your screen resolution set to 1024x768 or larger, let me know, and I will edit the offending post to make the image a hyperlink instead of an imbeded image.

I often do not notice these on my own because on my work computer, images linked from photobucket do not appear, and so I would not notice if they are oversized. Fortunately, photobucket has recently reduced it's maximum size to 800x600 for non-paying members, so this has reduced the number of such occurances.

Thanks,

Mariner

Return to “General Discussion”