• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fall family cruise

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Fall family cruise

Post by jcollins »

Sunday was one of those days again. Perfect Fall weather and the bay was like a lake. Although this coming weekend I'll get out for my final cruise, this is probably the last for all of us together. A perfect way to end the season. We started out around Hart-Miller Island, then around Pooles and kept going to Whorton Creek. Whorton is a old hang-out for us but it's been a couple of years since we've been there. There was a sand bar that we all used to throw the anchor on to and bring out the grills and coolers. It was about 50 feet long and 10-15 feet wide. Enough for 5 or 6 boats. You'll see in one of the pictures that it's gone. Still a nice creek to visit. There are two marinas and plenty of scenery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Re: Fall family cruise

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Did I tell you, John, that the site of the Florida Rendezvous, Cape Harbor Resort and Marina, is pet friendly? Nice pics of that last of the season cruise. Good looking crew. They would like Florida waters.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

John: Now that is quite a bunch on the boat. Have been trying to tell my wife that a couple smaller dogs
(chow-chow and mixed breed) is no reason not to go. Well, your picture is real proof. A happy crew.
whwells "Howard"
"Nibbles"
byoung4653
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Grand Rivers, KY Green Turtle Bay Resort

Post by byoung4653 »

we are looking to rent a boat in the ft. lauderdale area for 1 week during Trawler Fest. does anyone have a contact for us. I suppose charter is a better term, but we can stay dockside during the fest. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

Was that really the Chesapeake? 3-4 weeks ago it was nasty, cold and in your face. Great crew, mine's a couch potato (had to double check, didn't want another Dan Quail)! Thanks for for all you do on our web site.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

John, was that last picture taken while you were trying to dock her? :D :shock: :twisted:
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Carl wrote:John, was that last picture taken while you were trying to dock her? :D :shock: :twisted:
:lol: Swing to port, reverse, tap the thruster, more reverse, run to get the lines, trip over the damn dog again! We'll be cruising -1 next year. Miss the little guy. :(
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Cruising”