• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 ET valuation for a 2001

marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

36 ET valuation for a 2001

Post by marko »

I have just completed a financing and purchase of a 2001 36 Express Trawler. In the process, I found a discrepancy in the BUC valuation guides for this year, make & model. When I went to finance, the lenders all seemed to take the BUC valuation over NADA and only used the bottom (lower) number of the given range. That is what set the loan amount by the LTV, which for this boat, the value was way under market. What I discovered is that the BUC guide had it listed as a HT = hard top vs FB = flybridge. This I found when comp'ing 2001 36 ET's to 2002 Albin 35's. I called BUC and they said to have whoever I used for access to their online data to file a discrepancy notice and they would check it out...and they did! However, this didn't happen in time for me to take advantage of it (ie better loan amt via better value) but they did make an online correction and have so noted it. So, if your are selling, buying or insuring a 2001 36 ET, be sure to check the online BUC guide, as is supersedes the printed books.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 36 ET valuation for a 2001

Post by Mariner »

Could you clarify what BUC means for those who don't know?
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

BUC is a valuation guide just like NADA. I'd never heard of it before going for a used boat loan for the first time, but is apparently commonly used by boat loan and insurance agents, esp via a secure online access. Don't know what BUC stands for.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Interesting. I was a yacht broker for about a year and never heard of this.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”