• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

40' NSC water intrusion

yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

40' NSC water intrusion

Post by yhc »

I have noticed water accumulation in the bilge under the aft stateroom floor on my NSC. There is an access door under the steps but it gives a very limited access to inspect where the water intrusion might be coming from. Apparently it is fresh water...my boat service guy actually tasted the water!

Do any other NSC owners have this problem? If so have you been able to track it down?

Regards,

yhc
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Re: 40' NSC water intrusion

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

I have seen water in this area also, and I did taste it. It was a small amount that seemed to be from rain or washing. I do not remember any freshwater lines going through this small bilge? It is the aft fuel tank and filing hose running in from both sides. I believe there is no communication either forward or aft from this area? If it is a freshwater leak it would have to come from an outboard area. I have cleaned 6-8 ounces out of there several times, not enough to send me on a serious hunt.
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Post by yhc »

Thanks for the info. I believe the fresh water lines do go through the bilge from the tanks. I have pumped out a couple of gallons after draining out the tanks for the winter so I will have to look around a bit.
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

I would have to go along with Craig. I'll have a bit on occasion, but nothing for me to worry about. I did locate a very small leak around the top of my port side tank where the sender goes through the top. MAYBE, a cup over a period of a couple days.
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

In your climate, it could just be accumulated condensation.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”