• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin article in Points East

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

rcor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, FL

Albin article in Points East

Post by rcor »

The new Points East which is now on the newsstand (and online) has a great article describing a cruise through the Florida west coast intracoastal which might be of interest to the group. I am the author.
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Re: Albin article in Points East

Post by Bidgood »

Nice article. We have been to most of the places you described and have really enjoyed the trips. The SW Florida coast is a great cruising ground. Here is the link to the article for those who wouold like to read it:

http://www.pointseast.com/template.shtm ... tyle=story

Tom
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
Kathryn B
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Kathryn B »

Great article. We are thinking of bringing our Albin 30' Family Cruiser down from Maine to Ft Myers to keep south. We are curious of any adaptations you have made to make your aft cabin cruiser more Fl friendly. Will you be at the Cape Coral rendezvous next week? Would love to chat with you or others for ideas. Also recommended marinas that are Albin knowledgeable for care/repairs. Thanks
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Another 30 FC? Hurray!!!! Where in Maine are you from? We are pretty familiar with the coastal area and love it there!
Does your boat have A/C? Even in NC it is a must during the summer. The main cabin will get cooler than the aft due the cool air having to get all the way to the back, but we still find it very comfy for sleeping on those hot summer nights. Another modification you will likely need in the sun is a bimini or some type of shade over the cockpit if you don't already have one. I made a large tarp-like cover out of Sunbrella that we tied on when docked or at anchor and we used that until we had a permanent top installed.
Happy southern cruising!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

30 FC in Maine

Post by Bidgood »

I realized we have borrowed this thread, sorry for that. We have a number of Albin Friendly marinas here. One has a mechanic that worked for Albin in NC. We will be in the Keys and are trying to make a stop at the gathering. We will see how mother nature and being on Albin time cooperates. Feel free to PM me if you are coming down.

Tom
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

OOPS....We did borrow from another thread. Sorry! I read and enjoyed Bob's article. Thanks, Tom, for posting the link.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC

Return to “Cruising”