• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wire run

arcticspud
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor, WA

Wire run

Post by arcticspud »

I am going to install some new electronics on Happy Place. I was wondering how the wires run from the lower helm to the flybridge? It looks like they run along the ceiling to the aft bench on the flybridge and than along the interior seem between the cabin and flybridge.

Anyone install toys recently? Any helpful tips?

Thanks

Pat
36 ET
Twin 6BTA 270
Hull #1
Happy Place
Gig Harbor, WA
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: Wire run

Post by joreyn »

Pat, if you remove the panel to starboard of the lower helm station you can see how you can route wiring below deck.

To get the wiring up to the bridge, there is a run at the back corner of the galley. It is also removable.

You can also remove the liner above the windows to route wiring up to the upper helm.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
AK_Albin36
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, Alaska

Re: Wire run

Post by AK_Albin36 »

Pat - Here is the process I've used a few times... hope it helps. If you are putting new electronics on the fly bridge, it will be easiest to start from up top and work your way down. You can reach through the panel under the upper helm around to stbd, then pull from the stbd bench seat from the open top (may need to wedge your upper torso through the panel to make the corner). Pull aft through the bench and then push through the narrow passage aft of the bench, to the down-hole tube (aft stbd corner of fly bridge, behind the access port). I'd suggest doing this first, staging your wire here for the next pull. With all three of the wood back panels removed in the aft stbd cabinet in the salon, push about a foot of wire down the tube. You'll be able to see it from the open cabinet now. Step it down through the cabinet shelves, then you'll need to push/pull it all through to the engine room (next staging spot). Through the stbd engine access you can push it across the top of the fuel tank (outboard side). From the forward end of the stbd fuel tank, you can wedge your head and one arm in front and above the tank and spot the cable you pushed from the engine room. Now pull the cable through to the space the hot water heater is in. I've been able to reach it here from the panel outboard of the lower helm, but if not, you can help it from the hot water heater area. Once there, it's just a short push up the tube to the lower electronics cabinet, with the help of a hanger or spare cable to tape onto if you're pushing a soft wire. I've tried leaving twine for pulls, but found it useless with the wire tubes packed tight. I'd recommend removing old cables to keep the tubes free. Have fun... you'll get double credit for an hour of "boat yoga" on each pull ;)
2004 Albin 36 ET "EvenTide"
Single Cat 3126B 450
Whittier, Alaska

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”