• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 Makeover begins!

Albin's "power cruisers"
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

Re: A25 Makeover begins!

Post by Robdog.1 »

I haven't run the boat yet, went straight to the yard when I bought it. Everything works and runs great, mostly new running gear and engine. Mermaid 9000btu air.
Assuming I should be able to turn 7-9 kts at about .6-.8 GPH.

Planning to use a tri fuel Honda 2000 in a gen box on the swim platform when I need/want air condoning on the hook, anyone have ideas or suggestions? Generator will only be on the platform when anchored and it will be well above waterline in a box. Propane tank with 10' hose solves the carrying gasoline issue, plus it will fuel my grill and stove if I need extra fuel.

Lehr makes a cool propane powered outboard that I'm looking at also, any feedback or experience with them?

Desert oater, lets see some pics of your project!
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Hey Robdog.1, your post of my boat is making me wish the NORD STJERNE was in the water! We've just returned from a Viking River Cruise on the Rhine, so now it's time to get the boat cleaned up, launched, and moored in her Rock River berth for a month starting in mid-June. She'll have name and home port displayed on her quarters this season, a refinished light/horn mast in place, a CQR anchor secured in a bow roller instead of a Danforth suspended on the bow rail, and a new swim platform and boarding ladder on her transom.

Nick, Rockford, IL
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

Post by Robdog.1 »

That's great Nick!
I'm fabricating a mast this week from drawings I received here on AOG. Let's see.... Rhine river or Illinois river.....hhmmmmm..
Actually, I'll stick to the USA for awhile, I see enough of the world from 36,000 ft. I'd like to see as much as I can from "see" level!

My A25 is getting close to ready, her new name is "Easy Victor". Maybe I'll see you when we get south of Lake Michigan, but that may be NEXT summer!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”