• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 deluxe Yanmar reinstalled!

Albin's "power cruisers"
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

A25 deluxe Yanmar reinstalled!

Post by Robdog.1 »

My 39 hp yanmar is freshly reinstalled in my 78 A25. New water pump, thermostat and dipstick tube.
Here's a helpful hint to avoid a very costly engine replacement: the bottom of the dipstick tube tends to corrode out if it gets even a little saltwater on it. Mine is a 2008 and it corroded completely through, dumping ALL of my oil into the engine pan. Luckily it did it while we were running the engine on a hose and saw it happen.

Keep it dry and keep it painted.

Canvas in the works, upholstery done and waiting to go back in.
Also, new batteries, battery box, charger and Perko switch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A25 deluxe Yanmar reinstalled!

Post by Robdog.1 »

And the cushions turned out nice too, if I can get some 303 on them and keep them clean!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Very nice Rob. She's coming along.

If you get a chance, can you take a photo of the engine and battery switch areas from a little further back? Purely for my curiosity, I haven't been aboard an A25/A27 and I'm trying to get my bearings on what I'm looking at.

Thanks! And keep posting! :)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

Doug,
Starboard side, below the helm. Next to VHF, Perko 1-2-All-off switch, Guest charger. I don't know how charger is going to be wired, but I know it needs some kind of diode to charge both regardless of switch position.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Cool shot, thanks. Well if your throttle cable ever breaks you can use your foot!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

If your charger is set up the way I'm assuming it is, with two sets of charging leads, you would run the leads directly to the batteries, not the switch.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robdog.1 »

I think your right Doug, but if it involves electricity and potentially fire, I let the mechanic do it!
She looks pretty pitiful with everything ripped out of the cockpit, but mechanicals first, cosmetics second.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”