• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

July 4th Weekend

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

July 4th Weekend

Post by jcollins »

Wow! It's already the 13th. This month and boating season is flying by.

Our weekend started on the 1st with a cruise over to Middle River for the fireworks. The ride over was in 4-6' chop. Since the route is basically a U from the Gunpowder to Middle River I had seas on the bow, from the port, and then following me into the river. 7 onboard. All wet. All laughing.
We anchored in one of the creeks hopeing it would calm down. Well, I guess 1-2 is calm compared to the bay. I met a couple of friends but would couldn't raft up. Just too choppy to be comfortable. There were easily 300 boats in the area. Eastern Yacht Club sponsors the fireworks and it was a great show. We stayed on the hook until most of the drunks and go-fasts left. I cannot believe some of the idiots out there. I was idling out at 4 knots, concentrating on the boat I was following, when Sharon said "on your right...on your right...ON YOUR RIGHT! A 30' clorox bottle came out of nowhere and cut across my bow. Probably 20 feet away but with no lights on, going about 10 knots. They waved and laughed. Oh well, what can you do. The ride home was nice. We just cruised at 10-12 knots and enjoyed the night.

July 2nd we headed north for the Harve De Grace fireworks. Got out to the bay it there was so much debris in the water from opening the flood gates on the dams we had to turn around. Besides chunks of wood, there were logs and pilings. Tires and just junk! The deciding factor was the carcass of a couple of small animals. That was enough for me.
Back to the creek and just hung out.

July 3rd we tried fishing. Normally is about 45 minutes to Poules Island. That day it was 1.5 hrs because of the debris. Most spots I was idling through and listening to the "bump" of stuff against the hull.
No fish by the way.

July 4th and 5th we drove places. Not worth pushing through all that junk in the bay. This happens once a year or so after bad storms. Unfortunatley it fell on a holiday weekend. Last weekend wasn't much better. Should be better this weekend.

Bob's 1959 Edwards. Good old wooden boat.

Grand old flag!
Friends and family. This is what boating is all about.
The land of pleasant living
I never could take pictures of fireworks
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Cruising”