• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Homeland Security/cut rods

Moderator: RobS

Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Homeland Security/cut rods

Post by Legacy »

A friend just got back from a Florida fishing trip. When he arrived at Boston's Logan Airport his rod tube came out the belt cut in half, along with all the rods. No note or explaination, just a clean cut through everything. Any ideas what he can do?

Rick
"Legacy"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with Home Land Security.....but I'd contact the airlines with a bill in hand, then I'd contact my insurance company. Seems to be a handling issue to me.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Post by Legacy »

You might be right. My friend said it was a clean cut through everything, I suspect he assumed it was Security doing it. I travel with rods fairly often and have never had a problem.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

That's odd. One would assume it must have been caught in some machinery or something. The airlines have very explicit waivers that protect them from any liability from mishandled or damaged luggage. Nonetheless, I would contact the airline and see what they could do. If it was as cleanly cut as you say, it's obvious that it wasn't just rough handling. They might just do a sort of goodwill thing. Only problem is he would have needed to go directly to the baggage office at the airport for them to believe it came out that way.

Return to “Fishing”