• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Take A Kid Fishing

Moderator: RobS

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Take A Kid Fishing

Post by Pitou »

With a fishing buddy, I participated in the "Take A Kid Fishing Day" sponsored by our boat club and a local organization called "Children's Friend" on Sunday. This was my 2nd year participating in the event and my buddies 3rd. He helped to found the event 3 years ago. The boys and girls all arrived with a mentor who gives 1 weekend day per month to the same kid and in some instances siblings. Anyway, we picked up Corey and his mentor Nick at the dock a 1/2 hour before the low tide and put them on 11 schoolies and finally a keeper striper of 31 inches a half hour before the cookout back at the dock. The largest fish caught was a 46" / 41 lb striper. A good day / all the kids caught fish. Here are a few shots of a very happy kid. Oh yeah, he said he was hoping he would get picked for the Albin. Corey has good taste ! 8)

[/img]Image

Image[/img]
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

That's a great idea and it sure looks like he enjoyed it. He wins points for the Red Sox hat !

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Any reason is a good reason to go feeshn' but this is the very BEST reason to go. I grew up with "The Southern Sportsman" Frank White's TV show and he'd end his show every week with "and remember take a kid fishing". Can't think of a better way to get kids on the water and having fun......and ending the day with a 31 inch Striper is icing on the cake.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"

Return to “Fishing”