• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Massapequa, New York

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Massapequa, New York

Post by RicM »

Looks like I may be traveling to Massapequa, New York, in August. Any owners in that area that could recommend a marina for 2-3 nights? I would appreciate any input on this area?

Ric
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Hey Ric,

On the South Shore of Long Island there aren't too many transient marinas. I can recommend the following, though I'm not sure how much it will be for non-residents, both places are town owned.
They are also on the barrier island, so if you need to get to Massapequa to see people or them to you, your looking at a 2o-30 min drive.

If you have any other questions or needs, let me know, I should be able to find some more stuff for you. Also, you may want to ask gerygarcia, a pretty helpful and knowledge filled guy from the South Shore of LI.

Hope this helps.

Tobay Beach, Massapequa . . . . . . . . 679-3900
Town of Oyster Bay residents, with non residents permitted Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Surf bathing in Atlantic Ocean, calm water bathing in South Oyster Bay, five pavilions, five refreshment stands, surfboarding and softboarding area, 150-slip transient boat basin in bay area

Cedar Beach Marina
Ocean Pkwy
(631) 893-2100

Amenities: Comfort Station, Food Service, Marina, Playground
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

EA

LOL, I mentioned you to Ric as a good person to talk to also before checking this part of the forum!

I pm'd Ric to see what exactly he needs to help narrow the search.

Gery
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Haven't been around much lately - been traveling for work. If you have any other questions please let me know.
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

So far I can only recommend Surfside 3 in Lindenhurst. I spoke to the fuel guy there (Frank) and said they have possibly some transient slips available. Call Mike the dockmaster

Here is a link to info:
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/lo ... 1716.venue

Return to “Cruising”