• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NEW COMBING PAD Pictures

Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

NEW COMBING PAD Pictures

Post by Capt Paul »

Hello All,

I finally made it down to the boat with my camera. Here are some pictures of the pads and rail system I had installed. Bristol Cushions did a great job. Easy on /off installation, can't beat it!

The rail system:

Another rail:

Cushion going on:

All done:
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Looks great Paul. I'll have to give them a call when I retire my current ones.

Looking at your pictures I had two unrelated questions:

What's covering your deck and, what is the purpose of the grab rails between your rod holders?

Thanks for posting the pics!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Very Nice ! The track system looks a lot cleaner than the fender washers. Was it a big job installing the tracks?

It would be nice to be able to quickly remove the pads for cleaning up after all that tuna blood. Not that I've been so lucky but I keep trying for that big one 8)

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

DougSea,

The deck covering is the anti-fatigue floor padding you can buy at home depot (Same stuff they use in restaurant kitchens). A friend of mine had it on his boat and I liked they way it felt and looked. I am in th Coast Guard Auxiliary and use the boat for patrols. Having 4-5 crew on board with black boots raises havoc at clean up time! This saves allot of cleaning effort. I remove them about once a month and give the floor a good scrub.

The grab rails between the rod holders were put there by the original owner. My guess is for additional rod holders (balance type). I never really thought about it to tell the truth. I somtimes tie extra fendors to them when needed.

JackK,

I had a local handy man install them for me, mostly because I did not have the time. He found some wood screws with small enough heads to fit in the track that would lay flush. I had him add caulking along the full length of the rails to help lessen vibration issues and fill in the gaps between the rail and the wall.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Coaming Pad Photos

Post by joe.baar »

Thanks for the pics, this is very useful. Also the idea of using that kitchen floor padding on the cockpit deck, sooo smart.

Bellingham Yachts advised me those grab rails through the lower rod holders were OEM as toe rails. I've been using 'em to tie off fenders so far.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”