• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Location of bilge pump in CB 32+2

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Location of bilge pump in CB 32+2

Post by thomaslong »

I can't locate the bilge pump that drains the forward bilge on my CB 32+2. The float switch works, and the pump operates, but I cannot locate the actual pump to determine why it is not pumping water when it runs. There are two bilges in my boat, and this pump drains the forward bilge, even though the breaker switch is labeled simply "Bilge Pump." I can hear the pump, but no water drains out of the through hull. Anyone know where this pump is located?
Normally this is not a major issue, but the shower pump stopped working, so I have to tend to two pumps at the same time.
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Re: Location of bilge pump in CB 32+2

Post by Sanatee »

On our 96 32+2, it's a diaphragm pump mounted under the starboard aft dinette cushion, near the water heater. It's not a Rule centrifuge pump like the aft bilge in the engine compartment.
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by thomaslong »

Is is a dry pump with a hose to the bilge?
jmfernan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Santa Barbara, CA

Post by jmfernan »

On my '99 32+2 the fwd bilge pump can be accessed below the dinette table. The fresh water pump and shower sump pump are also accessible through this compartment.
Joe
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by thomaslong »

I found it! Everyone was correct--it is tucked way up under the starboard settee, accessible from below the table. On my boat, it is virtually inaccessible due to wires and hoses that run in front of and over the pump housing. I was able to disconnect the hoses and the filter to find the source of the problem--a scrap of wire tie wrapped in a plastic that was blocking all water being sucked into the pump. One tap upside down, and the problem was fixed. Thanks again to all on the forum.
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

ON MY BOAT I DIDSCONNECTED AND REMOVED THE INACCESIBLE DIAPHRAGM PUMP AND INSTALLED A STANDARD RULE PUMP UNDER THE V-DRIVE AND PLUMPED IT TO THE OVERBOARD OF THE ORIGINAL PUMP. TomA

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”