• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member: tom&shan

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
tom&shan

New Member: tom&shan

Post by tom&shan »

Hello All,

I'm Tom - the newest member as of Feb. 28th. Dont have a Albin yet, going to look at a couple this weekend. Looking for a 28 TE. Moving up from a C-Dory. Lots of questions but I'll peruse the site for a bit before I ask any.

Cheers,
Tom
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Welcome aboard

Post by Legacy »

Great to have new members. Quite a few recently. Good luck in your search.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Donya
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham

Post by Donya »

Welcome to the group Tom,

Were you a member of the c-brats? We may have meet you a year or two ago at Deer Harbour in our former boat Sass Sea Lady.
Don and Taunya
2003 28TE -Dog On It-
Commodore Bellingham Wheel and Keel
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Welcome to the group. It's great to have another local member. We've been sort of dragging our feet on getting the rendezvous planned, but if we ever get a date finalized, I hope we'll see you there.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Welcome aboard :) I've always been a secret admirer of the C-Dory convertibles.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to the group! I usually ask new members to post pictures. C-Dory pics are allowed too!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

John
tom&shan

Post by tom&shan »

Donya wrote:Welcome to the group Tom,

Were you a member of the c-brats? We may have meet you a year or two ago at Deer Harbour in our former boat Sass Sea Lady.
Yep - still a C-Brat - trying to sell my C-Dory so I can get a Albin. Deer Harbour ?? Only docked there once for fuel on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon.

Cheers,
Tom
tom&shan

Post by tom&shan »

So - Question for the group. What is the easiest way to get a Albin across country. There are only a few to choose from in the PNW, so if I find one I like in San Francisco, San Diego or even the East Coast - how do folks get them over to Seattle? Is it expensive to truck them ? Ideas, thoughts, examples ....

Thanks,
Tom
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Here's some information http://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.ph ... ht=trailer

There were some other posts about trailering. I'm sure others will jump in here.
John
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

The best options for moving boats on the west coast are Dudley Boat and Associated Boat Transport. Both are located in Tacoma, I believe. Using someone local means that you don't pay extra for re-positioning the rig from a third location. For us to have our 36' trucked up from Vallejo was about $6,000. A 28' would likely be a lot cheaper, since it probably fits under an overpass. Our rig had to have a lead vehicle, chase vehicle, and someone to prop up power lines at every interchange. That stuff gets costly. Just loading it on the truck and driving it isn't so bad. And that was in 2005, when fuel prices were high like they are now.

Return to “New Member Introductions”